• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The chicken casserole turned out nice enough

This lurgy seems to be playing up a bit today, which is annoying as it had seemed to be easing off

Comment

Morning all
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning all.

Clear grey sky from horizon to horizon.

A pleasant 22.1 deg in here at the moment.

Almost time to venture down to the hoi polloi, it opens half an hour later on a Saturday.

I suspect another trip down the dump with yet more magazines is pencilled in for later, along with more reorganising the deckchairs on the Titanic in the garage, assuming the wasps don't get me.

<hiatus>

In with the hoi polloi, and about to do a little shopping if I can remember wtf it was I wanted.

Oh yes.

Mince.
        Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 3 August 2019, 08:56.
        When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

morning
          BSWFB in shiny sarf herts.

Comment

Well, that made a change

One of the things the lurgy had started doing yesterday was causing occasional spells of profuse sweating as a result of even mild activity; I was drenched when I'd finished the shopping in the morning, and at various stages whilst cooking dinner. Then, half an hour after I'd finished eating, I was still sweating profusely even though the food hadn't been at all spicy and the flat wasn't excessively warm, by recent standards.

So, just to be on the safe side, I phoned NHS 111 to check if I should be concerned. Unfortunately, I made the mistake of mentioning a bit of an ache between the shoulder blades which had also developed during the day. Turns out that counts as chest pain, so they announced they were sending a paramedic out to me

It was just one bloke in a car, who did an ECG as I sat in my armchair. I had a photo on my phone of the one taken after my operation, so he was able to compare the two and took me over them, showing how stuff matched up and it all proved my heart was beating in exactly the same way as it was a year ago January. Unfortunately, that isn't good enough (which I knew, my last MI having been an NSTEMI, i.e. not showing up on ECG) so he got on the phone to Glenfield, who were good enough not to palm me off on A&E at the LRI, and he took me down there.

They drew blood, and left me lying there for ages. Eventually a cardiologist rocked up and said my troponin was normal, so no MI this time

But they wouldn't discharge me until I'd also had a chest X-ray and they'd seen the results of the other blood tests, which aren't dealt with on such an urgent basis by the lab

So in the end, having arrived there at 1:30 or so last night, I was finally told there was nothing (that they'd looked for) wrong with me at 9:30 this morning

I've had maybe an hour or so of broken sleep all night, but at least they gave me a cup of sub-Nescafé coffee this morning.

Comment

Mind you, the bloke opposite me had virtually been kidnapped. He was an obese chap with chronic breathing difficulties, who I gathered was well known to all the medical staff. As the doctor spoke to him in clearly audible tones, I learned that he lives in sheltered accommodation and accidentally triggered his medical alarm yesterday. The paramedics turned up and, while explaining to them that he was as OK as he ever was and it was all a mistake, he let slip that he'd had one or two slightly worse spells with his breathing over the past couple of weeks, which he attributed to hay fever.

The paramedics had then suggested he step aboard their ambulance so they could check him out, which he did, and they then announced they were taking him in. The poor sod didn't have his phone, his wallet, or anything else on him and wasn't even sure, when they discharged him, if he had enough change in his pocket to pay for the taxi home

Comment

Glad you're OK, Nick. Was it Slough General you were taken to?

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                  Glad you're OK, Nick. Was it Slough General you were taken to?
                  I've still got the lurgy, though it does seem to be a bit better today despite the lack of sleep

I think Slough is a bit off the beaten track for the East Midlands Ambulance Service

EDIT: ah, it's a reference to that Br*xidiot
                  Last edited by NickFitz; 3 August 2019, 10:00.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                    I think Slough is a bit off the beaten track for the East Midlands Ambulance Service
                    Ah, you've not read the news - you might want to check the twit zone as to why #SloughGeneral has been trending.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                      Glad you're OK, Nick.
                      WWTFHS.

As a Doctor, my spidey sense was working overtime this week.
                      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Working...
                      X