• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
    Just looked in the B forum.

It seems strange to think that this place was fun back in the day.
    I remember when it was all green fields round here.

And all the violence around these days! Not like during the war.....

Comment

Sausage and bacon finger rolls for lunch, as the bacon Needed to be Eaten™ but there wasn't enough to make a proper lunch by itself

Comment

Oddly I went out for lunch with friends.

Its odd that I have friends.....

Salmon salad.

Comment

Sudden realisation that my ITIL Service Designer course and exam voucher expires tomorrow. Glad I'm WFH today and tomorrow! Extra glad the exam is a remote proctored online job and I don't have to go somewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
            Sudden realisation that my ITIL Service Designer course and exam voucher expires tomorrow. Glad I'm WFH today and tomorrow! Extra glad the exam is a remote proctored online job and I don't have to go somewhere.
            Well thar should account for an hour of your day. What else you got lined up?
            'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
              Well thar should account for an hour of your day. What else you got lined up?

TMS.
              …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Quiet afternoon following my "lessons learned" call with UPM.

I've never used so many euphemisms for "you're a complete idiot who is way out of their depth" in my life.
                In other news, my ClientCo calendar has just popped up with a reminder that I need to walk a neighbour's dogs as he's gone off to the Fastnet.
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                  Quiet afternoon following my "lessons learned" call with UPM.

I've never used so many euphemisms for "you're a complete idiot who is way out of their depth" in my life.
                  In other news, my ClientCo calendar has just popped up with a reminder that I need to walk a neighbour's dogs as he's gone off to the Fastnet.
                  is he racing?
                  i crewed on a small yacht in that once.
                  fecking scariest time of my life.
                  <six years army, biker all my life, scuba diver, etc, notwithstanding>
                  absolutely mental.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                    The "Callan" film from 1974 is on True Movies at the moment.

A much much harder version of "The Equaliser".

No one fecked with Callan.

Not even Toby Meres.
                    It's on again this evening at 21:00

Following an expedition down to the garage to find stuff to throw away I dug what I thought was chili con carne out of the freezer.

It turned out to be Bol.

So I had spag bol instead.

I'll make more chili on Saturday so I can have it for tea.

The evening's first entertainment was that nice Larry Olivier telling us all about the joys of The Desert War from 1940 to 1943.

Now watching "Abandoned Engineering" on Yesterday. The current bit is about the Septic Nekoma Safeguard ABM site having previously told us about the sea forts in the Thames estuary.
                    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 1 August 2019, 18:28.
                    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

chilli <not bol> for dinner.
                      very nice too. made my eyelids sweat.
                      and some more of the nice chianti.

Comment

Working...
                      X