• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by original PM View Post
    WTF is it with these motivational water bottles

I mean how do you become that much of a fu<k nugget that you need 'motivation' to drink water.

Just saw one of the 'execs' with one - I mean do you really want someone who needs extra help to drink water running your business?

FFS what is the world coming to?
    I have one. I thought it would be useful to gauge my drinking.

But consumption varies so much I use it just as a plain water bottle.

Comment

Those are for WATER?
      That thing at the bottom looks like a whiskey barrel tap.
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

I forgot to tell tpd last FRiday : maybe because I was so going away for the night.

Just before I left I looked in my bank account. There was £6k I as not expecting. From a J Rice : I know of no-one of the name or anything similar. I am not due any money from anyone.

I tried to call my bank : 10 minute wait so I gave up.

It seems the usual drill is after a week my bank will call me and ask for the money back. A shame really it could not have been £250k The day I found GBP250,000 in my bank account | Money | The Guardian

Comment

It being, I believe, a Wednesday, lunch turned out to be poached tomato and scrambled egg on Morrisons pumpkin seed toast.

Very nice it was too.

The tomato is poached and the egg is scrambled in the poppety ping (which doesn't get to go ping since you have to keep an eye on things), while the bread toasts in the popup toaster.

Followed, as is only right & proper, by 1.05 pints of Good Glengettie Tea.

I've got to page 195 out of 697* of the latest tome.

Apparently one of the others is 800 pages long.

*Not including the notes & index which take the count up to 776.

Donated a number of dvds this morning including "On Golden Pond".

Though, in its favour, it must be said that it didn't benefit from FF though I was tempted at times. Getting old is a right bitch, though Ms Hepburn seemed to weather it well.
          When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
            Those are for WATER?
            That thing at the bottom looks like a whiskey barrel tap.
            Certainly Whiskey would be better where I work. For me anyway. Not sure I could stand all the fights....

Comment

Day two, some IT access sorted, however VPN not one of them, will need this to WFH on Friday.

In other news have agreed after the first couple of weeks I can be a TWaT and be home Monday and Friday (assuming VPN is sorted out)

Next issue is trying to get Programme Manager to agree to using my own equipment, even though permie head of department has given blessing
              Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
              I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Chicken and barley soup for lunch

Hopefully it has health giving properties. The lurgy isn't too bad, but it does seem to vary a lot, lulling me into a false sense of security before making me feel rubbish again

Comment

O Dreamland:

Lindsay Anderson 1953, Margate.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                    O Dreamland:
                    Surprising how much interest some extremely basic automata could evoke

The barker around the 7:53 mark looked like Richard Attenborough playing the murderer Reginald John Christie in 10 Rillington Place.

Lindsay Anderson 1953, Margate.
                    I think I prefer his later work

Comment

It started again later & I got wet shutting the salting house door.

The evening's final entertainment was "Back to Bataan (1945)" with Duke Wayne and Anthony Quinn.

Back to Bataan (1945) - IMDb

It was amusing enough and short.
                      Now watching the real thing narrated by that nice Larry Olivier.

Comment

Working...
                      X