• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Morning

CBS in shiny sarf herts.

Comment

Now a bit more bookless after the trip to Swansea Oxfam wherein 3 bags worth got donated.

Getting into this now.

There's some New Scientist & Scientific American mags from the mid 70s that are about to meet the recycling too.

These last have sat in a box under the cat's armchair for five years so there's not much chance of me reading them now.

In with the hoi polloi.

The CBS has become overcast and the impending rain looks rather more impending than it did earlier.
        When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

For the five hundredth time: links are up

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            For the five hundredth time: links are up
            and D lightful they are, too.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
              To get there we had to use a toll bridge. Aldwark Bridge

About time they spent some money on the bridge as I thought it was going to collapse. It was like it was built by the top gear team. While high on top gear.
              It was like that 30 years ago too. Anyway, if they still charge 3p to cross it, WTF do you expect?

There's a scout camp just to the side of that bridge. The last time I visited, the district commissioner impressed the older boys by demonstrating his ability to bend a fag in two without breaking it.

They really were simpler times.

Comment

Originally posted by PhiltheGreek View Post
                It was like that 30 years ago too. Anyway, if they still charge 3p to cross it, WTF do you expect?

There's a scout camp just to the side of that bridge. The last time I visited, the district commissioner impressed the older boys by demonstrating his ability to bend a fag in two without breaking it.

They really were simpler times.
                Its a whole 40p now. Which I suppose is about right for inflation. I would not want to cross it in a heavy car such as Range Rover.

I just looked up online Aldwark Toll Bridge - Roader's Digest: The SABRE Wiki you can drive up to 7.5 tons! IMO they need the wood replacing.....

Comment

Last of the homemade sausage rolls for lunch

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                    Last of the homemade sausage rolls for lunch
                    Greggs will be pleased their main customer is soon to return....

Comment

Still sunny out, but only up to 23°, which is moderately acceptable as long as it doesn't carry on for too long

It should be raining again tomorrow

Comment

Working...
                      X