• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Afternoon all. wet dog walk, now drying off.
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Afternoon denizens

Been fairly grey out but some occasional glimpses of sun are starting to show up

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
        Roast beef again this week.
        And very nice it was, considerably more so than that I bought from the butcher for last week.

A big thankyou to Morrisons for that.

Currently listening to The Food Programme on R4 which, for no readily apparent reason, is about food in computer games.

No mention of gagh though.

It's sunny & warm here.

Much of the morning has been taken up with Moving Things to Clean Underneath and Behind.

There's rather too much crap in this place.

More of it will be leaving this week.
        When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
          The car park ones depend on the position of the camera and the position/angle of the plate. If your car has an offset plate - like Alfas, then some cameras struggle.

As for face recognition, it works off relative positions - tops of your ears to your nose, distance between pupils, tip of nose to top lip, things like that. So if you had plastic surgery, you’d probably not be recognised.
          Those things never work for me I must have a funny shaped head or something.

[emoji848]

Comment

lamb shanks with morroccan spices, tomato, chickpeas, carrots and sweetcorn in the slow cooker.
            the smell's making my mouth water, i think i'd better go out for a bit

Comment

Bacon butty for lunch; and as it's Sunday, none of this wholemeal nonsense - lovely soft white bread

By the way, yesterday the slow cooker yielded six portions of chicken and barley soup by the time it was done, at around midnight

Comment

Memo to self: when drilling holes do try to remember what's underneath.

Also washing the curtains is fascinating.

Not.

Ironing the curtains is probably even more fun.

In other other news, her next door is out in the garden doing some much needed weeding.

Him next door is off to Bath with his mother to see Michael Palin's show.
                Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 7 July 2019, 15:20.

Comment

Also washing the curtains is fascinating.

Not.

Ironing the curtains is probably even more fun.

isn't that what dry cleaners are for???

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
                    isn't that what dry cleaners are for???

Possibly.

The label said they were machine washable and so they proved to be.

And survived tumble drying.

They're back up unironed since they look ok to me.

I did go to the trouble of finding the iron & cleaning the dust off it and the ironing board before deciding I really couldn't be arsed.

Having moved everything other than the televisual devices that sit in the corner, the vac is now much fuller of crap than it was.

Comment

Possibly.

The label said they were machine washable and so they proved to be.

And survived tumble drying.

They're back up unironed since they look ok to me.

I did go to the trouble of finding the iron & cleaning the dust off it and the ironing board before deciding I really couldn't be arsed.

Having moved everything other than the televisual devices that sit in the corner, the vac is now much fuller of crap than it was.
                      ah, you share my problem with the cardiorenalapathy then, i see

Comment

Working...
                      X