• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So the lovely looking MGA is totally original apart from being black instead of white and having a 2 litre engine and a five speed gearbox.

Which cost 12k euros giving a total cost of 30k euros.

Well there's a thing.

Now watching the last 15 minutes of "Shooter".

TFBSZ.

I got myself outside a bottle of Old Peculier. Yum.
    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 20 December 2018, 23:24.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
      I'm finding BIL's port helps.
      OK, I'll definitely have that glass of wine then

Comment

Tonight's wine-accompanied entertainment was Money Monster (2016), in which George Clooney is the host of the eponymous tabloid-style investment programme on the telly, where things go horribly wrong when one of his hot stock tips goes catastrophically belly-up and an ordinary Joe with a gun gets into the studio and insists they carry on broadcasting while he finds out what the hell happened to his life savings. It's all done pretty much in real time, with Julia Roberts as the director of the programme up in the control booth; meanwhile, Jodie Foster directed the actual film. I thought it was very good, and well worth a watch

And then a bit more of The West Wing. I always think it's odd that the United States government apparently pays for the President's wife, who was never elected by anybody, to employ staff for the sole purpose of interfering in the legislative process to further her own wishes in the matter of policy

Here, we just let the Prime Minister make sure that her husband's business interests are furthered without such unseemly oversight as admitting it to anybody

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning.

Grey.

Currently dry which it definitely wasn't overnight.

Warm. 16.2 in the living room, 10.8 in the laundry room with a min of 7.9.

Windless. No howling of gales so far today.

Found out yesterday that the next door but two neighbour has a stage 4 metastatic lung cancer, apparently from a sarcoma he had removed 10 or more years ago.

Which sounds a bit less than optimum to me.

Ho hum.
          The ongoing seems, at first glance, to be improving a bit.

Don't recall coughing much overnight and much of the snotmonsterism seems to have ameliorated somewhat.

Before I went to bed last night I got caught up in a dup dvd hunt and located another 6 or 7 which have been relocated to the pile appropriate to their status of "been watched" or "to be watched".

On the other hand there are some dupes that are located at the very bottom of a pile & are thusly inaccessible at the current time.

And the first batch of washing is swishing away in approved fashion.

It is Friday after all.

Comment

Morning all last full day at the summit, returning home tomorrow if LGW is open.
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
              I'm finding BIL's port helps.
              Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
              OK, I'll definitely have that glass of wine then
              tut tut, - you've got it all WRONG! TODDY is what's required.

Comment

The perfect answer to the drone problem:

Add in a bit of Cobalt Thorium G and it'd be perfect.

Comment

Afternoon denizens

Grey out, but with some glimmering of sun getting through

The lurgy continues. I think it's slightly better today, though not by much

Temperature appears to be somewhere in the range 102-104°F which isn't really any better than it has been

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
                    tut tut, - you've got it all WRONG! TODDY is what's required.
                    I know, but I don't have the most important of the ingredients, and getting to a shop that sells it is proving tricky

Comment

Just spent an hour and a half repairing a 50m extension lead that I bought in Maplin 5 or 6 years ago.

The sockets have never been very good so I replaced them with a bog standard dual 13A socket screwed across the top of the original crap.

Having taken the thing to bits I found out why it was crap.

The conductors and contacts were made of pressed brass completely without any springiness at all.

Typical Chinese made crap.

Fortunately the cable looks like it's made out of actual copper.
                      Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 21 December 2018, 19:11.

Comment

Working...
                      X