• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
    Not sure I understood any of that.
    "Kallax" is an IKEA range of "storage solutions" based around square holes which can be filled with various modules or left unfilled. In my case, a square unit divided into four smaller squares, with drawers put in the top two and cupboards in the bottom two.

In other news, it's raining.
    Excellent! Hope it comes here too

Comment

I ended up watching sport on Sky anyway in the end, for tonight's opening feature was Final Score (2018), in which Sky's movie production division take full advantage of Sky's Premier League access to make a film they describe in the iTunes description bit as "Die Hard in a football stadium", which is pretty much what it is, and none the worse for that. Cracking action, and well worth a watch

And to follow, a film I've hemmed and hawed about watching for a while now because I couldn't tell from the description if it would turn out to be one of those wretched comedy thrillers full of slapstick and bum jokes, or a good comedy thriller, the former being much more common (in every sense of the word) than the latter.

Luckily it proved to be the latter, and much better than I expected in every way. So, denizens, I give you Gringo (2018), featuring a great ensemble of various stars from other really good films you liked, a lot of well-paced comedy touches, and enough action to keep your wrist-mounted heart monitor perked up. Hugely recommended; I really enjoyed this one, and if you don't then I can only assume we have different tastes, and also you're wrong

Goodnight all

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
        In the Chinese

And pretty knackered after moving desks around, then building a 2x2 Kallax and installing two cupboards in the bottom half and two sets of two drawers in the top half. Back’s not happy, but it’s done and I have storage space
        Century

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
          outside a chinese, and very nice too.
          What about the inside?

Comment

Comment

weather looks good.

So hopefully 30 mile cycle ride.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                I ended up watching sport on Sky anyway in the end, for tonight's opening feature was Final Score (2018), in which Sky's movie production division take full advantage of Sky's Premier League access to make a film they describe in the iTunes description bit as "Die Hard in a football stadium", which is pretty much what it is, and none the worse for that. Cracking action, and well worth a watch
                Yes, I liked that one.

Mr Bautista has definite talent.

This evening's epic is "Final Score (2018)" with that guy who was in "Blade Runner 2049" as a replicant.

Final Score (2018) - IMDb
                Surprisingly tense & entertaining.

I enjoyed that.

Dave Bautista seems quite talented at what he does.

Morning.

Grey.

Vaguely sunny.

Not raining.

Much cooler.

I listened to this earlier:

BBC Radio 4 - A Point of View, My People

I have absoluckingfutely no idea wtf he was talking about other than Duke Ellington.

We've come a loooooooong way from "Letter from America".

I wounder what Mr Cooke would make of the present incumbent.
                Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 7 July 2019, 08:26.
                When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

morning

Comment

Roast beef again this week.

Mostly because I didn't feel like excavating anything else out of the freezer and there was a chunk right at the top.

Sun's out.

Shining through the overcast so not too hot.

The bees are enjoying the poppies and assorted other flowering plants in my nature garden.

The honeysuckle is smelling quite pleasant as it attempts to take over the world.

The Agent Orange will take care of that shortly*.

*I've been saying that for 3 years & still haven't done it.
                    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
                      Have to do me own food shopping now. The supermarket car park has one of those number plate recording things where your number shows on the screen. Oddly, mine did not show up although those from in front of me did. Checked to see if my plate has fallen off or got covered in mud but it was ok. Odd.

Those face recognition things at airports, does it mean you won't be able to do anything to significantly alter appearance from what's on the passport, like grow a beard or shave your head?
                      The car park ones depend on the position of the camera and the position/angle of the plate. If your car has an offset plate - like Alfas, then some cameras struggle.

As for face recognition, it works off relative positions - tops of your ears to your nose, distance between pupils, tip of nose to top lip, things like that. So if you had plastic surgery, you’d probably not be recognised.
                      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Working...
                      X