• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Tonight's entertainment started with a rewatch of Total Recall (2012), being (as the date suggests) the remake with Kate Beckinsale kicking arse rather than the original, which is apparently Art while this one isn't. Anyway, it may not be Art but it's got loads of excellent CGI stuff going on, and that's all I was really concerned about

And after that, one I haven't seen in donkey's years, maybe twenty or more: The Italian Job (1969), being the best free advertising the BMC ever got, though by all accounts they couldn't get their heads round the concept

Anyway, cracking stuff of course

Goodnight all
    Having difficulty in getting my head around an Arnie epic being "Art" but there you go. .

I must watch the remake which has languished on the shelf for a number of years.

I failed to finish watching the commentary version of the original TR when their analysis of what was going on disagreed with mine (and very probably PKD's).

"Blow the bloody doors off" is great fun, as is the remake.

BMC couldn't even get the pricing on the car right so free publicity probably didn't make a lot of difference really.

The destruction of British industry has a long & inglorious history.

Dear Deity, I'm still knackered.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

morning all

clear blue here in sunny sarf herts <new bearsden>

@DrS. - i'm still getting gigs BECAUSE of my antiquity.
      those mainframes didn't go away like all the pizza faced web people said they would.

and NO employees NIC's anymore.

Comment

still getting gigs BECAUSE of my antiquity
        Do they still do analogue computers?
        bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
        John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
          Do they still do analogue computers?
          well, i DO have an old faber slide rule kicking around somewhere

Comment

Morning denizens

Quite sunny out, and warm with it

Though that's a shame in a way, as the place had only just managed to cool down after the other week's warm weather, and now it's heating up again

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
              Morning denizens

Quite sunny out, and warm with it

Though that's a shame in a way, as the place had only just managed to cool down after the other week's warm weather, and now it's heating up again
              no pleasing the English.
              when it's raining they're pissed off.
              when it's sunny they're browned off.

Comment

Trip into town to get layers pellets and corn for the chickens, treats for The Dog (tw), and stuff for me to BBQ. No gardening done yet, but the grass will be cut before I go for a pub walk.
                The site manager of the farm supplies shop is an Alfa fan, as I’ve just discovered. He wanted to talk about The Toy and in the end I let him drive it from the shop to the yard where they keep the bulk bags. I think I made his day.
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Washing done.

Some hanging on the line, the rest in the TD.

Shopping done.

A Nice Piece of Beef purchased from my tame butcher (local, independent).

Lunch was a Ginster's Cornish Pasty with Heinz baked beans on Morrisons Pumpkin Seed brown toast.

Followed by two steaming mugs of Glengettie tea.

Living the dream, living the dream.

Must have been because I through 2/3rds of The News Quiz.
                  Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 1 June 2019, 12:21.
                  When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Rare Roast beef sandwich for lunch.
                    with English mustard.

very nice.

the ditch looks very healthy.
                    lot's of tadpoles <>1 inch.

goldfish looking fat, too.

must arrange a perch for the frogs.
                    Last edited by BR14; 1 June 2019, 12:50.

Comment

Had a nice healthy nectarine for breakfast. Now reverting to type by guzzling Morrison's beef flavour potato sticks for lunch

Comment

Working...
                      X