• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Fish finger bap (wholemeal) for lunch, with red sauce
    Mmmm....

Comment

Originally posted by greenlake View Post
      Mmmm....
      That's the way to do it!

Comment

Very wet dog walk complete, now thinking about dinner.
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

That's the way to do it!
          didn't know fish had so many fingers, was it from fukushima?, perhaps?

Comment

OK, had a videoconference with a researcher in Canada, and received approval for starting in on some work

Apparently you don't charge VAT to Canadians. Who knew?

Comment

OK, had a videoconference with a researcher in Canada, and received approval for starting in on some work

Apparently you don't charge VAT to Canadians. Who knew?

Comment

Chicken tikka masala out of the freezer for tea, with the usual rice and naan. Very nice, it was

It's all grey and incipiently drizzly out. Not very warm either, though of course a couple of months ago 14°C would have felt like it was baking

I thought the living room was a bit chilly last night so I put the fire on. Then I checked the thermometer and it was just over 20°C. A few weeks ago I would have turned the fire down, or even off, once the room got to that balmy temperature

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                  Had an agent phone me up. The usual spiel. wants to know where I currently am, etc, and have I moved on since... Then proceeds to mention a contract I did about 8 years ago in the US and an inneresting part of England.

Then they do a sales pitch - would I be interested in cross-training to SAP?

No, I've heard this one a few times before. You pay for "discounted" training, then get some of the money back if you work through the agency at a really low rate.
                  Tell them its easy to work on SAP, you spend months talking about it and then tell the client to send more money. they don't call it "Send Another Payment" for nothing.
                  Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

some chinese thing from a packet, Mrs V is emptying the Freezer in preparation for a birthday party, need space for the Vodka!

Just watching "how do they do that" currently showing how they make wax crayons, I suddenly felt nostalgic for the Brexit forum.
                    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

No telly tonight, apart from stuff about forensic science on iPlayer whilst eating. But I got through May and June 1661 in Pepys' Diary

Goodnight all

Comment

Working...
                      X