• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Roast chicken dinner for tea

It's another one of those big chickens, so later in the week I'll be using it to make stock. (There's still quite a bit of soup in reserve, I think.)

Comment

Didn't bother with the telly tonight, apart from some light bowel surgery and paramedics treating head wounds while I ate dinner

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all Is it too early?
        YES!
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning All...

Sunny ish in Manchester..

Need to get away early as the blue team are parading their trophies later on and do not want to get caught up in that.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
            After a mildly interesting thing about aviation on PBS, we're now on to The Oak Island nutjobs.

It's a fecking money pit alright.

The money in it is the vast sums of cash poured down it in futile attempts to find "treasure".

It should be defined as A Hole In The Ground Down Which You Pour Money.

Ah, it's the lead cross again.

Templars.

Never seen this version of the thread before:

https://www.contractoruk.com/forums/...65-p-1237.html

Someone was waffling on about gods or something.

It's so tedious I didn't bother listening.

And they found a survey stake.

The excitement is palpable.

It's from about 1980 some indeterminate time between last week and 4.5 billion years.

The metal detectorist found some iron hinges that "look like they came from a box or a chest".

Presumably a chest with fifteen men on it.

Singing yo ho ho and a bottle of rum.

And the drilling machine just broke.

It's very broke.

TFBSZ.

I have been watching it. The issue seems to be they are so far on about series 6, episode 16? An hour an episode? Looking it up ( The Curse of Oak Island - Wikipedia ) there have been many hours on TV so far. It needs condensing.

The thing I want to know is why they keep finding layers of timbers every 10 feet going down 120 feet? I suspect they will find nothing at the end. Or we would have heard by now.

Comment

Cloudy but dry in Central London.

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
                Morning All...

Sunny ish in Manchester..

Need to get away early as the blue team are parading their trophies later on and do not want to get caught up in that.

Did you see Halton Curve: Rail line links north Wales and Liverpool - BBC News ?

Comment

Cheers for the link.

The first trains ran yesterday apparently - I was going to catch one just for something to do.

But had other things so did not.

But being able to get to Liverpool centre in 30 minutes for about a fiver certainly opens up options for contracts and nights out!

Comment

Morning.

Dry.

Sunny.

Currently cool but that isn't going to last long.

27 deg in here at the moment.

Clear blue skies with a hint of Simpsonesque clouds in the west.

Chem trails.

Watch the skies.
                    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
                      Cheers for the link.

The first trains ran yesterday apparently - I was going to catch one just for something to do.

But had other things so did not.

But being able to get to Liverpool centre in 30 minutes for about a fiver certainly opens up options for contracts and nights out!
                      On the other hand, you will get much more Welsh coming through. Watch out for the LLandudno lot - they are the worst.

Comment

Working...
                      X