• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Oh, and approximately six feet of magazines have been taken down to the car boot, so this evening's shopping trip is on if I can be bothered.

Showing off now.

X7 home again jiggety jig.

Remembered to go to Wilko to get a replacement light bulb for the currently unilluminated magnifier.

Whether or not it'll fit is another matter.

Tea/dinner this evening was some rather pleasant lentil <pfffft> soup which had been in the depths of the freezer & the freezer compartment of the fridge.

It was much nicer than the last lot I consumed & there's no more in the freezer as far as I can see.

For some reason I'm absoluckingfutely knackered.

Maybe it's the trek to and from the Oxfam emporium that's done it.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post

Showing off now.

There's now another four feet or more bagged up by the door, ready for taking down to the car when I go

Comment

Several runs so far for the washing machine today, dealing with the extremely musty contents of the box that wasn't full of magazines after all. There might be a few pairs of socks salvageable out of it all, but everything else is going to the Oxfam textile recycling

I might see about getting a load of magazines down to the car in a bit, and do the weekly shop this evening after disposing of them.
        Even the stuff that was on a cottons cycle at 60°C still smells slightly musty

Still, it's only fit for recycling anyway, so I don't suppose it matters much.

About time I carted the rest of these bags of magazines down and headed for the shops, I suppose

Comment

About time I carted the rest of these bags of magazines down and headed for the shops, I suppose
          That's the magazines disposed of, and the shopping done

Now I need to decide what to have for dinner. Decisions, decisions…

Comment

This evening's entertainment began with the penultimate ep of TBBT.

And continues with "The Bag" ep of Jeremiah, wherein a chap with A Doctor's Bag poses as A Doctor.

No Tardis was harmed in the making of this programme.

Comment

Browsing a few toons on Youtube. What a mouth this lady's got!

YouTube
              bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
              John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Currently watching a thing on 5 Select about Atlantis or some such nonsense.

Didn't feel like watching another ep of Jeremiah.

Ho hum.

Nearly TFBSZ time again.

9 days left.
                Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 17 May 2019, 07:05.

Comment

Tea turned out to be chicken tikka masala out of the freezer with the usual rice and naan, mainly because the naan needed to be either eaten or frozen within the next couple of days; so one frozen, one eaten seemed like a fair division of labour

Nice moon out

Comment

Back to Danish cinema tonight, with a rewatch of ID:A (2011), a thriller which starts with a woman waking up lying on a rock in a French river with amnesia, and setting out to discover who she is and how she got there. Good stuff

Lots of planes for EMA being routed past or overhead tonight. I assume it's something to do with the weather.

Goodnight all

Comment

Comment

Working...
                      X