• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

no excitment on that scale here in bearsden

chicken harira with cous cous for my evening repast.
    and not a takeaway or a 'ding' to be seen.

could've done with more hots, but , hey

Comment

This evening's repast was the predicted liver, bacon, with onion gravy.

It was quite nice though the bacon seemed to be showing its age.

The evening's entertainment began with TBBT ep 20, followed by the remaining 30 or so minutes of Shackleton's Frozen Hell on the Smithsonian channel.

They've reached Elephant Island and are now on the way to South Georgia.

Reached South Georgia, and are now to cross the glacier to Stromness.

Amazing chaps.

Glacier crossed and the whaling station reached.

Remarkable.

"Aftermath" just started on the Sony channel.

I've turned it off, too much of a downer.

By dint of standing on a desk in the front room office junk room I've managed to reach some ancient copies of VS 6 that I bought in Another Life.

They've never been installed & the documentation has yellowed in a most satsifactory manner.

This may mean that I really don't need to "borrow" one of the ancient bits of kit I developed stuff on back in 2010, though said kit is indeed long obsolete so would fit in here like a hand in a glove.
      Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 2 May 2019, 20:48.
      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
        The remains of the giant chicken are being converted into stock by the InstantPot™. While that's going on, I popped up the road and participated in the democratic process
        That turned out extremely well

Carcass in the IP with a couple of carrots, couple of onions, some peppercorns, a couple of bay leaves, and about a pint of water. Pressure cooked for thirty minutes; dropped the pressure, squashed the bits of the carcass that had been above water level down into the liquid now it was falling apart, chucked in a bunch of thyme, and back on at high pressure for a further fifteen minutes. Sieved it and reduced it for a while, and thickened it with a bit of cornflour, and it was a gravy bursting with flavour. Added to the remaining chicken breast (of which there was too much due to the hugeness of the fowl) with some freshly-roasted potato wedges and a stray Yorkshire pud I found in the freezer, and dinner was ready

Definitely tempted to do some more experiments with making stock now

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
          ohmmmm

Cut-Me-Own-Throat Dibbler | Discworld Wiki | FANDOM powered by Wikia
          Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            And done

I went down to the car and realised the new Resident Permit scheme year for parking on the streets started yesterday. So I came back up to get the new permit, and stuck that in the window.

Then I set off. The sky had now gone an ominous grey colour and there was a brief flurry of hail (for about three seconds). Then, as I approached the barber's gentlemen's hairdresser's, a torrential cloudburst began. So even though I only parked about twenty or thirty yards from the place, I looked like a drowned rat when I got in there

In fact, she had to get the hairdryer out and dry my hair before she could start working on it

That done, I headed to the pharmacy for this month's prescription. Turns out that time of day sees a veritable fleet of taxis descending on the place, or possibly the attached health centre, so the car park was full to overflowing. So I parked in a residents only space up the road (good job I remembered the permit) and walked back, getting soaked again in the process.

And so I continued, getting further soaked in M&S car park, and again at Sainsbury's.

Now I'm home, it's brightening up

But I've got a couple of chicken thighs from the hot food counter for lunch, so at least that came of it all

just be glad you have some hair! I have so much testosterone that I would have to take medication to run in the male races.

Comment

I tried a new recipe, Farnham roads finest vegetable Emporium (on the right heading north just fter Sainsburys) had a pound bag of Cauliflowers about 2KG.

Cauliflower cheese soup recipe | BBC Good Food

totally awesome and it freezes. 3 litres later.

Might work with bacon.

Comment

More B5 tonight, taking me through to the end of S1: Babylon Squared, The Quality of Mercy, and Chrysalis, adding up to a lot of signs and portents

Occasional showers this evening, though they're now holding themselves in reserve so they can plague me on my journey to London tomorrow

Goodnight all

Comment

Comment

Morning all Up in the land of the Weegie for a week. Go live weekend began at 5.45am with a call from one of the PMs. I’ll be working until midnight tonight at the earliest.
                    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

morning

give my regards to bearsden

Comment

Working...
                      X