• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Off for a haircut and to do the shopping, as tomorrow I drive down to London for the Boring Conference on Saturday
    And done

I went down to the car and realised the new Resident Permit scheme year for parking on the streets started yesterday. So I came back up to get the new permit, and stuck that in the window.

Then I set off. The sky had now gone an ominous grey colour and there was a brief flurry of hail (for about three seconds). Then, as I approached the barber's gentlemen's hairdresser's, a torrential cloudburst began. So even though I only parked about twenty or thirty yards from the place, I looked like a drowned rat when I got in there

In fact, she had to get the hairdryer out and dry my hair before she could start working on it

That done, I headed to the pharmacy for this month's prescription. Turns out that time of day sees a veritable fleet of taxis descending on the place, or possibly the attached health centre, so the car park was full to overflowing. So I parked in a residents only space up the road (good job I remembered the permit) and walked back, getting soaked again in the process.

And so I continued, getting further soaked in M&S car park, and again at Sainsbury's.

Now I'm home, it's brightening up

But I've got a couple of chicken thighs from the hot food counter for lunch, so at least that came of it all

Comment

First thing they do in my barber's is to spray water on your hair.

When it's as electrick as mine is, it does help a bit.
      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post

That's what she normally does with mine, but not today

Comment

The candles on the horse chestnuts outside are burgeoning nicely

Sort of reddish-pink they are.

Comment

Damn, I meant to book a haircut for tomorrow and I forgot.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
              Still open - haircut booked.

Comment

The Wife (tm) gave me a pre-go live haircut yesterday. I’ve not gone to a hairdresser/barber in 25+ years.
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Currently 1x fish & chips and 2x overpriced goose island IPA into my £35 spend.
                  …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                    And done

In fact, she had to get the hairdryer out and dry my hair before she could start working on it
                    Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post

Still open - haircut booked.
                    What is this 'hair' of which you speak?

Comment

The remains of the giant chicken are being converted into stock by the InstantPot™. While that's going on, I popped up the road and participated in the democratic process

Comment

Working...
                      X