• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So utterly knackered last evening that I couldn't be bothered to watch "Top Guns" which was about pistols.

Currently 18.1 deg in here, 15.1 in the laundry room, with a 14.8 min overnight.

Fortunately got the painting done & dusted yesterday because it's rained again.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning all

It was overcast at the start of the walk. As we turned for home, the heavens opened.
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
        Currently watching, on PBS, the thing about the Lorentz machine and Bill Tutte and Tommy Flowers.

It's the Timewatch from some years ago.
        Zen tury
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

In with the hoi polloi.

Emails checked.

Turns out if I want to fix the sky card problem, I'll have to phone up & speak to someone coz the box is so old (2001*).

Oh The Horror! Oh The Horror!

*Not the space odyssey.

Time to feck off & do sommat more useful.

Like another trip down the dump with yet more ancient rotting timber.

And spiders.
          Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 29 August 2018, 09:17.

Comment

Morning denizens

Sunny out, after a bit of a rainy night

Last night I had trouble sleeping; even if I got to sleep I soon woke up. Eventually I realised that this was because the duvet cover that has sufficed as a bed covering for the last couple of months or so was no longer sufficiently warm, so I had to get up, get the (thin) duvet out, and put it in the cover, at about five to four in the morning

This worked, and I slept like a log after that

So it seems summer is officially over, even though it isn't the autumnal equinox for nearly a month

Comment

I've got an appointment with the cardiology clinic tomorrow morning. This was arranged after my operation; it was originally in February, I think. Then it got pushed back to April. Then it got pushed back to the start of May, so I asked if it could be changed as it conflicted with my last week at ClientCo, and it got moved to the end of May; and then it got moved to the end of August.

Shame really; if they kept moving it, we could have ended up having it on the first anniversary of the operation to which it's supposed to be a followup

Not sure I can be bothered to walk the three miles there like I did a couple of times in January. Might drive instead, assuming I can get a substantial loan from Warren Buffet to pay for the hospital parking

Comment

Last night's urgent duvet installation got me thinking about bedding. I've come to the conclusion that mine is old, worn out, and pretty rank, so it's going off to the tip as and when replacements are acquired.

New pillows have been ordered, and I'm now considering my duvet options…

Comment

Today's trip down the dump done & dusted.

Inside of car cleaned to remove all the bits of rotten wood & spiders.

Gutters replaced now the paint has hardened a bit.

I altered the height of the collector thing by 3/4" so the water wouldn't pool in the gutter and grow moss like it did before.

Now busily phosphating a bit of iron pipe so I can put the linepost back up.

Not sure how wonderful this phosphate stuff is though.

Comment

Towel wash done. It involves minimal effort, but helps me kid myself that I've got something done with the day

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                      Towel wash done. It involves minimal effort, but helps me kid myself that I've got something done with the day
                      I also achieved a wash cycle today.

Comment

Working...
                      X