• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post

I suppose it's TFBSZ since I'm back to the sloughe of desponde in the morning.

This health surveillance tulipe is pushing me towards making a postal delivery.
    TFBSZ was a tad unsuccessful.

Sleep finally achieved after finishing one book and reading half a page of another about Clifford Stoll.

This last achieved the aim of unconsciousness with little problem.

Must remember not to say nasty things about the Sloughe Of Desponde (New).

Rained hard overnight (I was awake for much of it).

Dry.

Coolish.

Sun coming up like thunder over Margam through the <cough> haze <cough> fumes <cough>

Ready to lock & load.

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Tonight's Feature Presentation was a rewatch of Kill Bill: Vol. 1 (2003). Excellent stuff
    I'm alarmed to realise I've only got one copy of that.

Bet it's scratched.

I paid £5.99 for "Equalizer II".

I woz robbed.

Was vastly amused to walk in this morning to find the faculty tech installing Visual Studio on the lab machines.

That should fill the hds up & no mistake.

Why an electronics lab requires that particular brand of bloatware escapes me.

I've got VS 1.0x from donkey's ears ago.

It comes on one part full CD.

I much preferred the Borland C++ V4.5 that came on a freebie CD on the front of a magazine.

<hiatus>

The lecturer's machine has run out of hd space, so it won't install.

In the words of The Almighty Zeity: Bored. Now.

There's a limit to the number of times one can watch bars slowing progressing across a screen.

Making them green instead of blue hasn't helped much.
    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 5 March 2019, 09:50.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning all Sun steaming in the office window, nice big walk earlier, although some ground frost near the top of the hill
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning denizens

Sunny out at the moment

Not very warm by recent standards, though; a mere 7°C

Comment

morning
          clear blue in sunny sarf herts

Comment

The Toy has a baby sister...

...a bit small for me, going to be electric/hybrid, should be interesting.

Comment

Forgot I had a couple of croissants left! So they were lunch, and very nice too

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                The Toy has a baby sister...

...a bit small for me, going to be electric/hybrid, should be interesting.
                Going to hang on for one of these...

The fastest road car in the world revealed - and it's electric
                "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
                  Nice, but I don't think it would get along the roads where I live, and not sure about room for The Dog (tw) in the boot.

Comment

Afternoon all.

Interesting times here. A chance email conversation or two has shown me that the PM deciding not to renew me may be a shifty lying chunt.

The rest of my team have been assured "unofficially" that I'm moving to another part of the programme. However, the lead ConsultantcyCo architect for that bit of the programme neither knew anything about it or had any idea I wasn't being renewed (in fact he was instrumental in keeping me here this long). The best bit is that the end ClientCo architects and technical guys who work with me on a day to day basis also knew nothing about it, and have raised some concerns about the knowledge gap which will be left if I'm not there.

Seems the PM was rather hoping that he could just have a few quiet conversations in quiet corners, not sign a PO for renewal and I'd just vanish quietly never to be seen again. ClientCo may not allow that to happen now...

It keeps me amused in my last week at least.

Comment

Goodness me, I supremely flatulent this afternoon.

Transpires the EyeTea bunch "push" stuff down to pcs that are on a certain domain.

Which explains why we're afflicted with the multigigabyte tedium of mech eng design crap taking up space on a pokey HD for no very good reason.

And in other other news, the problem has gone away since the lecturer has had his stick stirred for him and has fecked off to another room rather more suited to teaching maths.

Though quite what you need VS for in the teaching of maths currently escapes me.
                      Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 5 March 2019, 14:55.
                      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Working...
                      X