• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
    This evening's epic was "48 Hours" with Nick Nolte and Eddie Murphy.

48 Hrs. (1982) - IMDb

It was very good.

Dexter's undead dead dad got very dead in this one.
    I saw that many years ago, round a friend's house - so many years ago that he was about the only person in our circle to own a VHS machine, and invitations to one of his video evenings were much coveted. I've been meaning to watch it again for years as I thought it was great. Must add it to the list

Comment

Sorry about the spoiler but it's a bit predictable really.

Might do "Another 48 hours" tomorrow.

I saw it in the cinema, back in the day when I went to the cinema.

I still treasure the memory of teacosy Pete ponging the Castle Cinema out.

And of watching "The Deer Hunter" on a re-release in The Studio Cinema (a badly converted church turned into a 3 screen cinema).

The projectionist got the reels in the wrong order which made the story a bit hard to follow.

Oddly enough it closed down shortly after the multiplex opened in Parc Tawe.

As did The Odeon on Kingsway, the plushest cinema in Swansea back in the 70s.

It had a gigantic floating screen and an enormous auditorium before it got multiplexed into 3.

Saw "Rollerball" there back in the day.

Odeon Swansea in Swansea, GB - Cinema Treasures

And the epic construction that was Studio 1 2 3:

Studios 1-2-3 in Swansea, GB - Cinema Treasures

Studio 3, down in the crypt, showed naughty films.

I think that Zeity fellow went there once.
      Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 27 February 2019, 08:50.
      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
        Sorry about the spoiler but it's a bit predictable really.
        I don't think anybody's allowed to complain about spoilers for a film that's knocking on forty years old

The Python app server stuff having kept me busy, I had neglected to make any preparations for tea - or more accurately, I made them the other night by saving some leftovers from the Chinese, so cold aromatic lamb followed by refried beef chow mien it was

It was busy out just before; turns out they had Night Football at the football place. I don't suppose there's anything else to do on a Tuesday night. In my years in the licensed trade, Tuesday was always the quietest night of the week.

Comment

This evening's main feature was Morgan (2016), in which a Risk Assessment Consultant is sent to a small, secluded research establishment by "Corporate" to investigate an unfortunate incident involving one of their experiments in growing artificial people through genetic engineering, in this case the young-woman-like Morgan of the title. Not too bad, but nothing special; it helps pass ninety minutes in a reasonably entertaining way.

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning.

Sunny.

Dry.

Cold.

Very hazy over the dock.

There's a ship that wasn't there last night.

Margam is invisible, as is the hill behind Baglan.

No bad thing really.

Comment

Morning all
              Clear blue skies and sunshine here, no fog on the hill but quite a bit of ground frost.
              …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning denizens

Another sunny day, and starting to warm up now

Looks like the rain will arrive tomorrow, but it's not here yet, so that's nice

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                  This evening's main feature was Morgan (2016), in which a Risk Assessment Consultant is sent to a small, secluded research establishment by "Corporate" to investigate an unfortunate incident involving one of their experiments in growing artificial people through genetic engineering, in this case the young-woman-like Morgan of the title. Not too bad, but nothing special; it helps pass ninety minutes in a reasonably entertaining way.

Goodnight all
                  i thought you meant 'Morgan, - a suitable case for treatment' from 1966 for a minute

Comment

morning
                    clear blue again

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
                      i thought you meant 'Morgan, - a suitable case for treatment' from 1966 for a minute
                      Stone me, no one else has ever heard of (or much less seen) that epic.

Pity about the penguin.

^The penguin must be in another film since Morgan doesn't appear to go to the Antarctic.
                      Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 27 February 2019, 11:43.

Comment

Working...
                      X