• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by original PM View Post
    Snowing in Manchester

But it is too wet to stick I reckon so will just make everywhere wet n slushy.

Nothing here yet, but the satellite projections suggest the worst/best of it will dissipate before it reaches us anyway

Comment

BREAKING: there's been a very small amount of rain

Comment

Raining fairly steadily now, but the weather app is optimistic that it'll turn into snow in an hour or so…

Comment

Late lunch of a bowl of Scotch broth out of the freezer, with some wholemeal bread

Comment

Snow on the hills above about 300 feet.

X5 home again, jiggety jig.

Tea/dinner was M&S breaded haddock which I managed not to cook to death.

Dunno wot to watch this evening once I've done the necessary.

However that might be defined.

Really looking forward to spending 4.5 hours on assorted buses tomorrow.

Just ventured Specifically Into General.

There were a couple of threads that didn't raise the urge to kill.

I must be getting better.

Tonight's epic turned out to be "She Wore A Yellow Ribbon(1949)" with that John Wayne chap.

She Wore a Yellow Ribbon (1949) - IMDb

I enjoyed it, nonsense as it is.

Felt rather sorry for the Native Americans, as one so often does.

One also wondered quite how radioactive Monument Valley was at the time, what with the Military Industrial Complex letting off nukes here there & everywhere just because they could.
            Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 29 January 2019, 21:55.
            When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

?????*✈️☂︎☃︎♘?? ?

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                There were a couple of threads that didn't raise the urge to kill.

I must be getting better.
                Including the one about the student being poisoned by spaghetti?

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                  Including the one about the student being poisoned by spaghetti?
                  Yup, that was one of them.

The leather barbed wire was the other.

Having watched The Duke doing his stuff in Monument Vallley in 1949, I wondered how contaminated it was at the time from all the testing, but I've not found much so far.

The real bummer was around the time of "The Conquerer" which killed a lot of people.

I suppose taking a shedload of radioactive sand back to California didn't exactly help a lot.

The Conqueror (1956) - IMDb
                  Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 29 January 2019, 22:27.
                  When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Tea has been ribs and chips, which was very nice

The snow never showed up or, if it did, was of such brief duration and limited persistence that I never noticed it

Comment

This evening's mayhem was courtesy of Law Abiding Citizen (2009), in which Gerard Butler's family are brutally murdered by a couple of low-lifes. When one of them then gets off lightly on a plea deal for dobbing the other one in, he sets out to take his revenge: not just on them, but on the entire justice system that allowed that to happen.

And he does a very thorough and well-organised job, too; there's some pretty graphic violence in there, but it's good if you can stomach that. Worth a watch should it come your way

Goodnight all

Comment

Working...
                      X