• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post

Stone me.

Been there, done that, got the t shirt.

Sorry to hear that, Nick.
    Ta. Looks like they'll both be in there a few more days; my mother apparently has a "raging" infection

A bit like people were trying to tell her she had a couple of days ago, in fact…

Tea here has been pork chops, chips, peas, and gravy. It was very nice

However the chops from Sainsbury's weren't as thick as the M&S ones I like, which they seem to have stopped selling despite the fact they were often sold out so must have been popular

Unrelated to any of this: the longest post on CUK (by character count) turns out to be https://www.contractoruk.com/forums/....html#post7990, so it's one that was imported from the previous forum

Comment

Sense of déjà vu here tonight, as Upgrade (2018) starts out with a violent robbery in which our hero’s wife is killed, leaving him out for revenge. It’s a bit different from last night’s Law Abiding Citizen after that though, as he’s left paralysed, and is then offered a cybernetic implant by a weirdo IT billionaire of his acquaintance (called Eron Keen, and definitely not Elon Musk) which restores his mobility so he can go on the hunt. It wasn’t too bad, though the tech stuff is the usual nonsense. But hey, it’s just a story, and it’s reasonably entertaining

And a bit more of The West Wing, where they've at least got started on the campaign to elect a new bloke so it can all end.

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
          Ah, crap. My Dad was probably going to be released from hospital after his chest infection (which he developed after he came home following the broken hip) cleared up. But now my Mum is also at the hospital with… a chest infection, possibly pneumonia

She's waiting for an X-ray at the moment, but it sounds like there's a distinct possibility she too will be admitted. And they presumably won't discharge my Dad if she isn't home to look after him, given the broken hip thing.

Anyway, waiting for further news from my sister…
          Hope they're both sorted out soon.

Comment

Morning denizens

Another bright sunny start

Also: still at -1°C out there

The possible snow that had been forecast for today and/or tomorrow has been rescinded, though.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
              Hope they're both sorted out soon.
              Thanks. Waiting for further news at the moment…

Comment

Had a look in the fridge for anything suitable for lunch, and found the chicken carcass I took out of the freezer yesterday so I could make more chicken and barley soup. I’d forgotten about that

Anyway, the good thing is that it doesn’t take long to sort out the ingredients, so the slow cooker is now activated and tonight there will be soup

It’s been so long since I made it that I had to check the recipe here in TPD to make sure I hadn’t forgotten anything

There wasn’t anything for lunch, BTW

Comment

Finally got around to lunch: sausages in rolls (soft, white); exceedingly nice

Comment

It would appear that the overnight temperature in the laundry room achieved 0.9 deg C.

It's a balmy 3.9 now.

Rainy whilst getting sleety further inland.

X5 home, followed by a short trip on the X55 to avoid getting wetter.

Tea/dinner was lentil <pfffft> soup, which was pretty good all in all.

For a change (which seems to have become permanent) it is now blessed with some sweetcorn as well.

Dunno what to watch this evening, I'm sure I'll find sommat or other.
                    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

The soup continues its journey into being. I’ve even been over to Sainsbury’s Local and got a fresh loaf of (brown multi-seed) bread to go with it. It won’t be ready until about nine or ten though

I also got a coffee and walnut cake, so now I’m having to resist the temptation to dig into that before the soup’s ready

Comment

Working...
                      X