• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NickFitz
    replied
    Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

Morning all, Los Angeles calling, local time 0751

Clear sky. Currently 13 degrees with a high of 19 expected.

Waiting for the shuttle bus to take me to the airport for this morning's flight to JFK
    Surprised you're not flying to Heathrow for a flight back to JFK

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied

Morning all, Los Angeles calling, local time 0751

Clear sky. Currently 13 degrees with a high of 19 expected.

Waiting for the shuttle bus to take me to the airport for this morning's flight to JFK

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Gin cured trout for lunch.
    Slightly distracted by nestbox camera showing a great tit building a nest, and robin nest camera showing an adult feeding young.
    Meanwhile the amount of stuff that a blackbird is taking in to one of the bushes would make me think they may need to apply for planning permission soon.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Lunch: ham toasties

These were made in the new Breville, and turned out very well

Leave a comment:

• DoctorStrangelove
    replied
    Morning.

Wednesday. <checks clock>

Grey.

Dark.

Dank.

Dreary.

Drizzly.

Sunless.

Damp.

Chilly in here at 14 deg, 13 deg in the kitchen, 12.5 deg in the leanto.

993 mBar, 29.3232 in Hg, 744.8 Torr, 14.4 psi, (unchanged), 76% RH (GDR hair), 69% RH (Lidl electric).

Meanwhile on the 13th of September 2019 there was discussion of iRoning, TD, shirts, drying stuff on the line, how quickly a spider had built a web across the garden path, cooking soup, finding ingredients for soup, and similar trivialities. Fresh tarragon?

Walk (unabbreviated) walked. Woodpecker present again. And a nuthatch. And a pair of jays.

Lunch: scrambled egg etc. with stewed apple & yog to follow.

Entertainment: Y&Y waffling on about the usual.

NZ customs thing: a couple I hadn't see before: chap who'd made a diary of his sexual exploits in Thailand. Chinese woman with a bottle of "Black Label" "whiskey" which tested positve to a NIC test for bear bile, subsequently tested negative, then tested positive for human and chicken DNA but the woman had gone home before that came through.

Freecell score: 100%, running average: 86%.

Oz customs thing. Some Latvian god bothering lunatic who thinks they'll let him in with no money nor a return flight. . Been to 34 countries on his "spiritual journey", so Ayers Rock is not on the agenda. Back on the plane. Pair smuggling ?meth? in their baggage and possibly internally. Woman keels over. Snot meth it's coke. No internal concealment: He got 8 years she got 6 for 9.8kg of coke.

Veronica Mars S1 E2. "Credit where credit's due". Weevil gets busted for CC fraud one.

Tea: soup etc. with stewed apple & custard.

The Mentalist S2 E5 "Red scare". The haunted house one, with Ron Canada who I always confuse with James Earl Jones though his voice doesn't quite have the same gravitas as that of Mr Jones.

Freecell score: 92%, running average: 86%.

Dr Pimplepopper: chap with bad acne. Chap with a lipoma on his arm. Woman with morphea.
    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 3 April 2024, 22:11.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Morning denizens

Rather cloudy out again, and a light shower just passing over. Seems that it'll continue that way, and also get windy this afternoon. The temperature is 10°C and aiming for 14°, while the barometers are back down a little at 983/991mB

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Morning all
    A slightly better perambulation this morning, but still only just over 6km. Murky and damp when we went out, but hints of sun through the heavy cloud now.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Tonight's viewing was a night policing thing - the C5 one in Gloucestershire, not the C4 one in Brighton

And there was some more ditzing around with SceneKit, specifically, exploring the situation where a Geometry has several GeometrySources, allowing different Materials (colours, textures, images etc.) to be applied to each; the canonical example being a teapot with a handle, spout, and lid, all of different colours

Finally, I read a bit more of Black Box

It's been raining here since around teatime, but I think it's stopped now.

Goodnight all

Leave a comment:

• Dactylion
    replied
    Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    Local time 2009

The all inclusive resort hotel is definitely not for me. Having escaped from Colditz to visit Puerto Vallarta for a few hours today, I would definitely return and stay in a little independent boutique hotel in the town instead.

I knew that but it's good to have such things confirmed.
    I have had a few on the all inclusive front that were OK: Although mainly because there weren't many options in the outside world.
    a) Senegal (Casemance very near the Guinea-Bassau border) where botulism would be the best you could hope for anywhere within a long cab ride (I think it was possible to walk along the beach to another hotel - but it was also all-inc and they didn't allow "swapsies")
    b) Gambia - similar restrictions, I think the one walkable hotel was well known as a dodgy knocking shop where if you didn't get mugged or stabbed you would almost certainly be pesteredto distraction by disease riidden prostitutes
    c) Some god forsaken place in the Dominican Republic - Where staying in the Hotel drinking endless rum based cocktails (free) was a better than paying about £10 a shot, albeit that the £10 was "branded" Bacardi and other recognised labels. I use the word "branded" in the most liberal sense - in that most of the labels looked like they were written in crayon.

Ahhh the joys of youth.... Ever since being with MrsD such simple pleasures have been forsaken for 5-star resorts in civilization.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Tea: leftover KFC

Bit of a leftover chicken day, as I had some other bits of fowl for lunch too

In other news: I haz a bucket!

An email came round from the management company castigating all and sundry for keeping stuff in the cupboards by the lift in the hallways, which it turns out are where the risers live - whether wet or dry risers, I don't know. Stuff is not supposed to be kept in them, and they're shortly to have new fireproof doors fitted, so we were sternly warned to remove everything or it would be thrown away

I don't keep anything in there anyway, and neither did my neighbour across the hall when I had one, though the occasional delivery person will leave something in there rather than on the mat (which is a perfectly good place to leave things). But I went and had a look, just in case, and in the bottom one was a yellow plastic bucket of medium size, rather dusty.

Seems like a waste for it to be chucked out, and I don't suppose anybody will be back to claim it. So it's now mine

Leave a comment:

Working...
X