• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Currently watchng an old "Timewatch" on PBS all about the heroic massacre of Korean civilians by the 7th Cavalry.

Makes one sympathise with Sitting Bull, to be frank.

No Gun Ri massacre - Wikipedia

Followed by the final ep of "Vera" which was a good deal more involving this evening.

Now watching the ITV News which seems to be a list of missing students, happily none of them being Esteemed Customers of mine.
    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 3 February 2019, 22:09.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
      Probably more sophisticated than free Opera Mobile Emulator and Browser extensions I use. Just done a small mobile friendly website and simple website builder for a friend so she can update pictures and captions herself. Works ok for me on my cheap little phone but will see if she can grasp it tomorrow.

In addition to mobile phone emulators we need user emulators to ensure that a site is suitable for totally non techy idiots.
      The weird thing was that MS don't let you just run the emulator; that would be too simple. You have to start a Visual Studio project, then select the Windows Phone option, then Build and Run the empty project. It chunters away for ages compiling the empty project, then finally starts the emulator and installs the new application that does nothing on it and runs it, so you get a blank screen.

Then you can finally switch back to the phone's home screen and run the browser; though you have to press F4 if you want to use your real keyboard rather than clicking away at the one on the phone's "screen"

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
        The lamb was roasted quite nicely & unusually the lamb's heart wasn't overcooked.
        Lamb for dinner here too: shoulder, to be precise, though without organ accompaniment. Very nice, it was

Comment

Emulator sounds a pain. I don't have to do such serious stuff as a retired old fart.

Did find a great little Chrome extension called Tampermonkey. My own developer extension worked well but you keep getting an annoying popup if you run anything not from the Chrome store. Put much the same script in Tampermonkey and popups are gone.

I can now use Bing OS maps to find my footpath, right click to open the closest road point in Google Streetview, wander along that to find a parking spot, then hit any key to open Bing OS maps again with the spot marked.
          bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
          John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
            Emulator sounds a pain. I don't have to do such serious stuff as a retired old fart.

Did find a great little Chrome extension called Tampermonkey. My own developer extension worked well but you keep getting an annoying popup if you run anything not from the Chrome store. Put much the same script in Tampermonkey and popups are gone.

I can now use Bing OS maps to find my footpath, right click to open the closest road point in Google Streetview, wander along that to find a parking spot, then hit any key to open Bing OS maps again with the spot marked.
            Nice!

Comment

The motorised mayhem continued this evening with Fast Five (2011), aka Fast & Furious 5. Lots of cars again, but also a very good over-the-top heist movie, I thought

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all T5 lounge is busy this morning
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                  The motorised mayhem continued this evening with Fast Five (2011), aka Fast & Furious 5. Lots of cars again, but also a very good over-the-top heist movie, I thought

Goodnight all
                  I think that's the one I haven't got.

Though why it should matter escapes me since I only got 10 minutes into F&F2 & haven't bothered with any of the rest since.

Er, belay that, I think it's 6 I haven't got.

They're all much the same (apart from 2) so

In other news it's as grey as an alien , about 10 degrees warmer than Saturday, drizzling, and not particularly windy.

This evening's epic is very likely to be "The Magnificent Seven" with Mr Washington, as recorded last evening.

Which has reminded me I haven't put the receiver into standby.

In much the same way I forgot to do so last Thursday after recording "The Good Place".
                  Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 4 February 2019, 09:17.
                  When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning denizens

Grey out, and damp from overnight rain

A bit milder though, at 7°C

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                      They're all much the same (apart from 2) so
                      Indeed. In last night's they did the whole "We need a car"/*engages in backchat with local street racers*/*wins fancy car from same* thing without even bothering to show the winning, presumably because they realised that watching yet another street race would be too much even for their target audience at this point

Comment

Working...
                      X