• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I suspect even that Zeity character would have drawn the line at taking a bite out of Piers Moron.

After the livening up at the end of "The Fast And The Furious(2001)" I find myself at a bit of a loss since I don't feel like watching another dvd and there's feck all on any of the hundreds of available channels that I fancy watching.

Ho hum.

There's a programme about the obnoxious twat James Corden on 5 tomorrow evening.

It describes him as "self effacing".

If that twat is self effacing then I was born in Peking.

As it were.
    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 5 January 2019, 22:29.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post

If that twat is self effacing then I was born in Peking.

As it were.
      'quack quack'

Comment

Back from the pub

The road back wasn't too rowdy. Even the degenerate hooligans must still be taking it easy after New Year

Comment

Just watching an audience with Billy Connolly on ITV4, you forget how much of a genius the guy is. Didn't really rate him when I was younger but now I'm a convert.

There are the greats watching him and laughing their arses off.
          Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
            Just watching an audience with Billy Connolly on ITV4, you forget how much of a genius the guy is. Didn't really rate him when I was younger but now I'm a convert.

I thought his biography was tulipe - however it was written by his rather obnoxious wife who spends more time talking about herself than the real subject.
            Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Can't sleep, so decided to write some code.

Have noticed that even at 02:30 on a Sunday morning, the performance of the "Caliber" server in the US is utter tulipe!

Note to anyone who's interested, if "Microfocus" own the Mission Critical software your business uses then it's time to change your software!
              Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post

I still only really know him from his appearances on Parkinson in the 1970s, but they were so good that there are bits I can remember to this day

In particular, "Well, I need somewhere to park ma bike"

Comment

Tonight's post-pub fillum was The Sixth Sense (1999). An excellent film on every level, even if you already know the twist in the tale, which I won't mention just in case somebody who's never seen it should happen across this post; maybe led here by whatever has arisen from some machine-intelligence merging of Google and the Wayback Machine a hundred years from now. In the future, people might be more afraid of spoilers than of ghosts

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all

...another day of invoicing.
                    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning.

Much warmer. 14.9 in the living room, 8.4 in the laundry room with a min of 8.2.

Grey. Endlessly greyly warmer.

Dry.

Not a very restful night's sleep.

Woke up at about 03:30 and turned the wireless on to discover the latter part of a World Service book club thingie with Lee Child waffling on about Jack Reacher.

I didn't realise he's a Brit. Child. Not Reacher.

Here you go, for those interested:

BBC World Service - World Book Club, Lee Child
                      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Working...
                      X