• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Please do! I've never really used the Bing Maps API, so it would be interesting to see
    I've been playing with leaflet.js - you can get some very nice heatmaps.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
      I've been playing with leaflet.js - you can get some very nice heatmaps.
      Yes, I used leaflet.js briefly for some experiments with tileserver stuff last year - it's on my list of things to dig into more this year

Comment

Tonight's repast has been a roast beef dinner, featuring a joint of topside I picked up at M&S the other day. It was very nice indeed

And the joint is so big that there's no way I'll manage to finish it all off in the immediate future. So I'm going to slice the rest and freeze it, which will give me a copious supply of beef butties for a month or three

Comment

This evening's major motion picture was The Remains of the Day (1993) in which Anthony Hopkins fights zombies with a giant laser cannon plays an emotionally-repressed butler, too devoted to his duty to his master, the Appeasement advocate Lord Darlington (Edward Fox), to admit to his love for housekeeper Emma Thompson. A very fine drama, if a bit short on zombies.

Also featuring Genial Harry Grout from Porridge and Fred Elliot the butcher from Coronation Street, BTW.

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning.

Colder. 14.5 in the living room, 6.5 in the laundry room.

Dry.

Wanly sunny.

Thin high cloud.

Not a bank holiday.

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            This evening's major motion picture was The Remains of the Day (1993) in which Sir Anthony Hopkins fights zombies with a giant laser cannon plays an emotionally-repressed butler, too devoted to his duty to his master, the Appeasement advocate Lord Darlington (Edward Fox), to admit to his love for housekeeper Emma Thompson. A very fine drama, if a bit short on zombies.
            Indeed the lack of laser cannon and zombies spoiled it for me.
            When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning all

Hasn't rained yesterday or today. I don't know what all the fuss is about with "Dry January"
              …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Here's the footpath grid and problems pages, Fizzy Knickers, I'll leave em up for a couple of days if you want to copy source/included js file from dev tools. Click on grid area or pushpins.

Grid
                Footpaths

Dunno if there's a way to fit a given map area on a defined pixel area as zoom is integer, but easy solution is to change zoom level in browser, they fit my main monitor really well at 125%.
                Last edited by xoggoth; 2 January 2019, 10:29.
                bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Morning denizens

Grey day out today, and not very warm at an alleged 4°C

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
                    Here's the footpath grid and problems pages, Fizzy Knickers, I'll leave em up for a couple of days if you want to copy source/included js file from dev tools. Click on grid area or pushpins.

Grid
                    Footpaths

Dunno if there's a way to fit a given map area on a defined pixel area as zoom is integer, but easy solution is to change zoom level in browser, they fit my main monitor really well at 125%.
                    Cheers xog

Comment

One is in with the hoi polloi for the first time since the 21st of December.

One has purchased this morning "The Fast and the Furious" 2001, "2 Fast 2 Furious", and "The Fast And the Furious Tokyo Drift" and something possibly related "3 Fast 3 Furious Torque".

One failed to purchase a Zen calendar this year, so it's some jungle one instead.

Om.

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post

Indeed the lack of laser cannon and zombies spoiled it for me.
                      I don't think there's laser cannons or zombies in "Shadowlands".

Another disappointment.

A bit like the lack of vampires in "84 Charring Cross Road".

Lunch comprised Heinz(tm) baked beans on toast (Morrisons, seeded), with the addition, today, of a Morrisons Cumberland sausage roll(reduced), and a Morrisons Pork Pie (reduced).

It was awesomely good.

<hiatus>

Following which the shed door got a coat of primer (though quite why I'm not sure).

Then some crap got loaded into the car for the day's trip to the dump after I went to see my mate who's got bowel cancer.

He's looking reasonably alright considering.

The trip to the dump then got completed, consisting of polystyrene from the shed, glass bottles & jars, & some metal scrap.

And thencely home, where I'm about to fit a 120W floodlight in the shed so I can see wtf I'm doing when I'm doing it.

<hiatus>

120W floodlight installed though I have to run an extension lead from the laundry room to the shed to make it light up.

Tea/dinner/whatever was some of Sunday's roast beef.

It was rather nicer today than on Sunday.

Followed by the penultimate portion of the M&S Xmas pud, with the last of the brandy sauce and brandy butter. <hic>

It was very nice.

Now deciding what to watch this evening.

I'm feeling a bit Fast & Furious.
                      Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 2 January 2019, 18:40.
                      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Working...
                      X