• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I did the shopping!

It was a pretty wretched experience all in all, but it would have been worse if I'd left it any longer. As it was, it wasn't really any busier than a typical Saturday.

Anyway, it's done now, so I can relax and savour the peculiar clamminess that has been occasionally enveloping me throughout the process

And then remember something important I've forgotten, no doubt

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      I know, but I don't have the most important of the ingredients, and getting to a shop that sells it is proving tricky
      Yup. South America is a long way to go for a milky drink.

And there we are, tea/dinner/breakfast/brunch/lunch done & dusted, M&S breaded haddock just about done to a turn.

Followed by a big feck off tube of Smarties(tm).

Living the dream, just living the dream.

Now if I'd bothered to phone up someone I'd be able to change the ring on the cooker, but since I haven't I can't.

Next decision: "Bay of Pigs" followed by "The Cuban Missile Crisis" on PBS or a dvd.
      Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 21 December 2018, 19:12.
      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
        I did the shopping!

It was a pretty wretched experience all in all, but it would have been worse if I'd left it any longer. As it was, it wasn't really any busier than a typical Saturday.

Anyway, it's done now, so I can relax and savour the peculiar clamminess that has been occasionally enveloping me throughout the process

And then remember something important I've forgotten, no doubt
        last i looked, it's friday today

and did you remember TODDY ??

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
          last i looked, it's friday today
          Exactly - I was making the point that, being the Friday before Christmas, it was only as bad as a usual Saturday; Saturday and Sunday will, of course, be much worse than usual and Monday will probably be even worse than that.

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
          and did you remember TODDY ??
          That'll be on the "things I forgot" list

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
            Yup. South America is a long way to go for a milky drink.

Toddy (PepsiCo) - Wikipedia

Next decision: "Bay of Pigs" followed by "The Cuban Missile Crisis" on PBS or a dvd.
            I managed to doze through bits of the (1996) "Bay of Pigs" thing.

The "Cuban Missile Crisis" is much more my sort of thing: "Global Thermonuclear War: The Only Way To Win Is NOT To Play"

No mention of Cobalt Thorium G though.

Quite disappointing.

Apparently on New Years we can enjoy the entire Vietnam War documentary non stop.
            Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 21 December 2018, 21:55.

Comment

It started raining while I was out shopping, and has only paused briefly now and then. Apparently it'll carry on like this until tomorrow morning

For tea tonight: pork chop, chips, peas, and gravy

The lurgy continues to lurg

Comment

No telly tonight, other than a bit of unremitting misery from 24 Hours in A&E while I was eating, as my brain is feeling a bit like cotton wool, presumably because of the lurgy

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all. Leaving a successful week in Italy with good plans for the future. Amazing summit.
                  …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning.

Currently no precipitation.

Warm. 16.5 in the livingroom, with 9.6 in the laundry room and a min of 9.5.

The sky is clear with a thin high overcast.

Just noticed a couple of planes flying in a rather different path to the usual one.

Sun's out.

The road seems a lot quieter than it was yesterday.

Comment

Just found this brill video

Not one of you lot is it?
                      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Working...
                      X