• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dinner tonight has been a rack of ribs in Jack Daniels BBQ sauce, with chips. It all turned out extremely well

The rack had about three hours in a baking tray under foil at gas 3 for all but the last fifteen minutes, when the foil came off and the oven went up to mark 5, and it turned out just right; the bones just slide away from the meat at a touch, but the meat still cohering enough to make a manageable forkful

And the chips were made with the Maris Pipers I got from M&S yesterday. They had them from various parts of East Anglia, including Suffolk and Lincolnshire, but I went for the Norfolk ones, and they're some of the best chipping spuds I've had in a long time. Beautifully crisp and golden

Comment

What do I want for Christmas? Budget of around £60. I’ve got no ideas.

Sent from my iPad using Contractor UK Forum
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

I don't want anything for Xmas other that being left alone.

That, however, ain't on the cards.

Ho very hum.

The lights are flickering again.

I think it's time I looked at the electrics to see if the house is about to burn down.
        When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
          Trying my best not to answer "July 6th 2019".

come friendly pension checks?
          Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

have to recommend this

Suntory Whisky Toki | Suntory Whisky

I may have spent the Agent's marketing budget in a night on this!

Some rather mediocre food but great scotch( there were others but don't tell my new love Suntory), then poor tequila (is there any other kind?)

then Thursday was pie & veg actually sitting down with the kids while they weren't revising.

Delivered today early and on target! Call me Billy big bollox!

Tonight was roast chicken (ala Tesco) & baguette with the family followed by amateur panto with little one. He's behind you!

a good week!
            Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Tonight's opening movie was Con Man (2018), based on the true story of Barry Minkow. A fairly straightforward American tale which leaves one thinking that rather than sending him to prison, they should have taken the citizens who fell for his schtick - from Wall Street brokers downwards - into some programme of residential care where they could be protected from their own gullibility

Not very lively though, so for something with a bit more pep I turned to Chain Reaction (1996), in which Keanu Reeves, Rachel Weisz, and Morgan Freeman are embroiled in a load of absolute hokum concerning clearly nonsensical "science". The actions of most people and organisations make virtually no sense at any time, all aspects of reality are subservient to whatever is most convenient for the plot, and none of those things work like that; none. But it's pretty entertaining if you don't get hung up on any of that

I did pause it at one point to try to decipher the titles of the books on a shelf in the background of one scene. I was hoping for something akin to those 1950s movies, in one of which a professor of astronomy had a book on his desk with the title "The Stars", and in another of which a nuclear scientist had a book on his shelf with the title "Science". But the only one I could make out was something like "Analytical Statistics"

And after that, a bit more of The West Wing, taking me through to one of those two-parters that are usually quite good.

Goodnight all

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
                Misty today - I cannot see tulip out of the window.

And I have a cold.
                Nice pali!

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                  come friendly pension checks?
                  Yup.

Something like that.

A return on all the NI etc. that I've paid over the years.

Morning.

Grey.

Dry.

Warmish.

17.1 in the living room, 9.9 in the laundry room with a min of 9.3.

And "dry" is a bit debatable, , since there is intermittent drizzle.

Once I've done the dishes, it's off down town to get another couple of keys cut, followed by the Saturday trip out to Tesco.

Once that's done, it'll be time for a 2nd trip to town to examine the supply of dvds in the various charity emporia.

Comment

And "dry" is a bit debatable, , since there is intermittent drizzle.
                    Drizzle my arse.

it's off down town to get another couple of keys cut, followed by the Saturday trip out to Tesco.
                    Done. Another £20 for keys.
                    Once that's done, it'll be time for a 2nd trip to town to examine the supply of dvds in the various charity emporia.

Once I've recovered from the first trip.

Discovered in the daylight that the thing that tulips outside the back door occasionally has shat upon the garden path instead.

And something that tulips remarkably copiously has shat in the grass at the bottom (see wot I did there?) bottom of the garden which explains the obnoxious tulipe that I managed to tread around the place (mostly outside) on Tuesday.

And in other other news, the skip has disappeared, which is good.

Now all we have to do is find another builder & the house should be finished by March.

Assuming the next one doesn't go bust too.

And, and it's pissing down now.

Specially arranged for my trip back from Tesco & the trip down to Morrisons etc.

I loves December, I does.

Comment

Drizzle my arse.

it's pissing down now.
                      Soaked through the waxed jacket.

Which will have to dry on the radiator in a vain attempt to reduce its pong a bit.

Lunch/dinner was some Heinz(tm) baked beans with half a quiche and all of a pork pie.

Living the dream.

Oh.

There was toast too.

Comment

Working...
                      X