• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    That was close!

Went down to check the post, which had arrived, then opened the front door to see how the road was looking in the grey morning light. As I stood there contemplating the scene, I saw a bin wagon coming.

It could have been going anywhere, but just in case I rushed out the back, where I found the communal gate was still locked! And the bin wagon was indeed coming for us (recycling specifically), so I got the gate unlocked just in time, as they were collecting the bin from the one house before the gate.

Now I need to go back down and get the recycling bin back in; I just hope the general waste collection is still around lunchtime, as otherwise they're staying full for another week

It's all go on bin day!
    The excitement is palpable!

When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post

I can't wait for the next episode.

It takes my mind off banning people.
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
        That was close!

Went down to check the post, which had arrived, then opened the front door to see how the road was looking in the grey morning light. As I stood there contemplating the scene, I saw a bin wagon coming.

It could have been going anywhere, but just in case I rushed out the back, where I found the communal gate was still locked! And the bin wagon was indeed coming for us (recycling specifically), so I got the gate unlocked just in time, as they were collecting the bin from the one house before the gate.

Now I need to go back down and get the recycling bin back in; I just hope the general waste collection is still around lunchtime, as otherwise they're staying full for another week

It's all go on bin day!
        Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post

I'm going to have a lie down now, it's a bit much for me

Comment

Rant time:

(no, I'm not going to rant about the useless permies in the IT department, but a rant about moderators.)

On a website that a few of you may use for your hobby, there is an option to upload guitar tabulature. Yesterday I decided to upload a tab for a demo version of a song (I think the demo version is better than the final version). The demo version has been released on a rare album, so it's not completely unknown.

When you submit a tab, you add version notes. My notes said:
          This is based on the acoustic demo, not the final album/single version
          Moderator:
          3.2.A Missing Lyrics. Type out all lyrics and associated chords, even when a song part is repeated. This is helpful for beginners and users who use the Autoscroll feature..
          Missing instrumental chords. All instrumental parts must have chords. (Intro, Instrumental, Outro etc.) This will be very helpful for beginners and those who use the auto scroll function..
          I prepared for you the song parts where the parts are missing.
          Thanks to complete
          They had taken the demo version of the song, with the demo lyrics and had decided it was wrong, because the final version was different, therefore they added in new sections I had to update. I deleted the new sections and replied:
          Me:
          OK, I've listened to the original and made the appropriate changes.
          Them:
          Ok, so, if it's a demo, please paste a link for this version in the field "version description" and at the beginning of your tab, thanks
          So now I've had to track down a link to an online website (might contain the word TUBE), listen through about 10 variations on the song until I find one that is quite close to the demo.

I've got a load more rare tabs, but it's taken a lot of back and forth to get this one done. I'm not sure I can be bothered sharing the others.
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

One has finally located the MSF decoding software for the pic.

For some odd reason it doesn't have "MSF" or "msf" or any combination thereof in the file name, one has to search every .asm file in the machine for that letter combination.

Which finally revealed it to be called, for no readily apparent reason "tick.asm".

I think it must have been One Of Those Days back in the mysts of 2009.

And, naturally enough, the project make file ain't called either of those.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
              Rant time:

(no, I'm not going to rant about the useless permies in the IT department, but a rant about moderators.)

[snip]
              I watched the episode of The West Wing with the Josh Lyman fan website last night. The mods of whom you speak sound similar to the ones on that

Comment

Shopping done: the Christmas issue of Viz, and some other stuff like food

And I collected my monthly prescription, where they sprang the "Do you have a few minutes to talk to the pharmacist" thing on me, AKA the annual review. Usually this is done by the balding bloke, but this time I got the new, young, very pretty blonde pharmacist instead

As usual, it turns out that knowing a few things about one's medication picked up from Wikipedia (ACE inhibitors inhibit angiotensin-converting enzymes, statins are most efficiently metabolised while you sleep, and so on) gets you out quite quickly, with a few comments hinting at the profound ignorance of most of their patients thrown in for good measure

Comment

And the broadband came back while I was out

Comment

the Christmas issue of Viz
                    Took me ages to find it in Smiths. They've allocated a whole lot of space to gift cards and the mags are all cramped up together. Tucked away at back and quite invisible.

Really! What is more important than Viz?
                    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
                      Took me ages to find it in Smiths. They've allocated a whole lot of space to gift cards and the mags are all cramped up together. Tucked away at back and quite invisible.

Really! What is more important than Viz?
                      Dunno.

It's been decades since I bought a wank mag.

X55 home. Rather crowded. Some luny old geezer was reciting the bus options should one wish to get to Aberdare.

Not something I've ever wanted to do, but I suppose someone might.

Tea aka "dinner" was another kipper augmented with a chunk of M&S battered haddock, followed by, you guessed it, stewed blackberries and custard.

This last was very nice but I overcooked the haddock.

Comment

Working...
                      X