• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For tea tonight: a couple of pork chops, with chips, peas, and gravy; exceptionally nice

Comment

Tonight's viewing was the first part of the BBC's 100 Days to Victory, about the Allied offensive that ended the Great War. At about twelve minutes it mentions the German offensive in which my great-uncle, whose grave I visited earlier this year, was killed.

I need get an early night as I have the dentist in the morning. I should never have accepted a morning appointment; it's not natural, having to go out before lunchtime

Goodnight all

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
        Tea was a little of today's lentil <pfffft> soup.

Combined with the dinnertime sprouts, tomorrow should be interesting.
        Ooooooh yesssssssss.

Currently dry.

Sun coming up like thunder through the murk over Margam.

It disappeared for a while but it's back now.

Light breeze in Neath, force 10 down here.

Remind me what feckwhit thought this was a good idea.

10.6 deg in the laundry room, with a min of about 9.4 (though when that was is anyone's guess).

Misty, can only just about see Baglan.

Monday.

That telex machine is looking much too clean today.

In other fantasies, the new neighbours are supposedly moving in this coming Saturday.

As I just pointed out in an email:

Originally posted by DoctorStrangeloveEmail
        you do all realise there's a) no heating b) no electrics c) no plumbing d) a water tap outside the back door e) just an outside bog f) no bathroom g) no floor in a state fit to lay carpet or laminate on.

As long as we're all singing from that hymn sheet, we're good to go.
        Oh, and the outside bog only works if you fill a bucket with water & pour it down there.

As I tend to do every evening since it seems to be beyond the whit of the building fraternity so to do.

How the feck anyone's suppose to live in there is quite quite surreal.

7 fecking months & counting.
        Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 12 November 2018, 08:12.
        When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
          Tonight's viewing was the first part of the BBC's 100 Days to Victory, about the Allied offensive that ended the Great War. At about twelve minutes it mentions the German offensive in which my great-uncle, whose grave I visited earlier this year, was killed.
          'Tis a curious definition of "victory" that Pyrrhus would have recognised.

There was a gentleman giving a talk on the wireless yesterday who mentioned that it was many years before he realised why he had so many "Aunties" as he grew up.

They were the million ladies whose possible husbands had perished in The War to End All Wars.
          Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 12 November 2018, 08:21.

Comment

Morning all I can see blue skies. Won’t last long though.
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning denizens

Sunny out

Chilly though: still a mere 8°C

Comment

At the dentist

Comment

morning all, CBS in sarf herts today

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                    In other fantasies, the new neighbours are supposedly moving in this coming Saturday.
                    Thankfully this has been postponed.

At the current rate of progress they'll be lucky to be in by Xmas, which is going to make the Xmas dinner a bit problematic this year.

It having been arranged on the doubtful assumption that they'd be in there by now.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                      At the dentist
                      That will not let you out of Monday Links you know.

I only came to CUK for that. Instead I find the uber-cretin has been posting again.

Comment

Working...
                      X