• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Back at the hotel before heading down to the after-party venue, on the beach under the prom, almost directly opposite my room. Sounds pretty windy out there, and the waves are breaking loudly. Wonder if the venue has ever been flooded before?

Comment

Dinner, here, was breaded haddock <courtesy of the good captain> with tartare sauce.

Inna bun.

and dark chocolate and stem ginger cookies.

now for the rest of the Rioja

and it's now coming dahn in stair rods out there.
      glad i'm in here
      Last edited by BR14; 9 November 2018, 20:33.

Comment

This evening's entertainment in the monsoon was "Passport to Pimlico" with Stanley Holloway et al.

Passport to Pimlico (1949) - IMDb

It was very good.

Now watching Mr Portillo's "Hidden Histories of Britain" this week concerning The Fire Service.

It must be said that the Manchester Fire Station was a magnificent building.

Next week is about the Strangelove/Oppenheimer legacy.

Recognised Richard Hearne as "the drunk on a bike" in "Passport to Pimlico".

Richard Hearne - IMDb

Mr Pastry.

Not my favourite actor it must be said, he seemed to spend the better part of 20 years playing that role, and it appeared on the Beeb endlessly.
        Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 9 November 2018, 22:15.
        When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
          I watched The Post a few weeks ago and thought it was very good, but I thought Spotlight was even better

Sold!
          Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

This evening's major motion picture was The Commuter (2018), in which Liam Neeson travels by public transport and, inevitably, becomes embroiled in a complex and violent plot instigated by a shadowy conspiracy. It'd make everybody's life a lot easier if that bloke got himself a car, or stayed at home, or something

Anyway, despite the formulaic premise, it's very good if you're in the mood for that kind of thing

Goodnight all

Its what he does!

Walk through the Tombstones is much the same.

I thoroughly recommend the Amazon series 'taken' its Liam Neeson meets the Equalizer (Edward Woodward stylee).

Comment

Supper was Steak & Widney pie + chips.

Comment

Back at the hotel before heading down to the after-party venue, on the beach under the prom, almost directly opposite my room. Sounds pretty windy out there, and the waves are breaking loudly. Wonder if the venue has ever been flooded before?
                Aaaaand… that's the first time I've been asked to leave a bar because the sea is likely to break in shortly

Though we still ended up taking ages to leave, and then marvelling at the weather once we were up on the prom - and that includes the conference organisers, who live here, and still thought tonight's weather is above and beyond the usual

The local web developers didn't know that the red lights on the windmills flash "W" in Morse, though they'd realised they flash in a synchronised manner. So I've spread a little knowledge tonight

And the noise of the rain driving against the windows here in this fourth floor seaview hotel room, and the wind driving it, and the waves pounding on the shingle, would probably keep me awake if I didn't like them all so much

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all wide awake here for no apparent reason.
                  …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning denizens

The sea has receded a little, but it's still looking very grey and "swilled by the wild and wasteful ocean" out there

Down for breakfast shortly (it starts at 8 on weekends) and then home

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                    See "breakfast" above

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                      Tell me about it.

06:10 and since it's not a skool day I'm wide awake with no problem.

I stubbornly stayed in bed & dozed until 08:30 just to prove that I could.

Grey.

Dark.

Dreary.

The trip to town was surprisingly dry, and the sun emerged for at least five minutes.

My trip out to Tesco's is unlikely to be so benign.

And I have to purchase a copy of "The Outlaw(1943)" that I spotted in a charity emporium & conflated with "Lust in the Dust a.k.a Duel In the Sun(1947)" so didn't buy it.

And it's just started to rain.
                      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Working...
                      X