• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    I've got Lethal Weapon versions 1 to 4, but it appears I've only watched the first one, about two years ago. I should fix that
    Started in on this by rewatching Lethal Weapon (1987). I'd forgotten that, like Die Hard, it's a Christmas movie

Goodnight all

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      Tea tonight was pork chops, with chips, peas, gravy, and a stray Yorkshire pud that was left over in the freezer; and very nice it all was

Been out to the bins and it's not warm out there: 2°C, apparently
      Well they aren't supposed to live on their own, they are social creatures so you did it a kindness.

Bloody cold out this morning, with a good frost on the car. Had to use the remote start to warm things up before I venture out to client co.

Clear skies and a bright sunrise as well courtesy of the clocks changing.
      "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Indeed - had to scrape the car from a small covering of ice...

Also I did not wear a coat - because I haven't for months.

It's cold so I should have.

On the flip side Manchester is bright n sunny

Happy Mondays....

Comment

Good morning all, from a sunny but cold Bolton on't 'ill!

Day 41 of permydom.

Not wet, not windy, not cloudy, ice on the car this morning. Couldn't be arsed scraping. Pressed the magic button and waited in the warmth for the windows to clear - which was nice.

Oh well, let's see what the Australian contingent have dreamt up over the weekend.

Have a good day all!
          Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Was still dark when I got up, so that hour didn't make much difference.

Cold. Very. Very.

2.1 deg in the laundry room. Brrrrrr.

Dry. Very very dry. The dehumidifier is struggling to find any humidity to dehumidify.

Sunny.

Very very sunny.

Windy. Walking down to the New Slough of Despond was like walking to Siberia in a t shirt. And flip flops.

And worst of all, it's fecking Monday all over again again.

<sing> The telex machine is kept too clean, brain on overload </sing>
            When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning all

Back from my week's "holiday", Dad still alive, Mother-In-Law buried (she died a year ago, but we finally sorted out her ashes), now catching up with work
              …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                Morning all

Back from my week's "holiday", Dad still alive, Mother-In-Law buried (she died a year ago, but we finally sorted out her ashes), now catching up with work
                Strangelove Pater was in a jar for 6 months or so until Strangelove Mater joined him, and they were interred together in my brother's grave, of which I am now the proud owner.

Took a look at it the week before last & discovered that the forgetmenots are looking promising for next spring.

None of the bulbs I planted seemed to do anything.
                When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning denizens

Thick frost on the roof of the lean-to extension to the old stable out the back, though it's vanishing quite rapidly as the sun creeps round to that side

Very sunny though

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                    Strangelove Pater was in a jar for 6 months or so until Strangelove Mater joined him, and they were interred together in my brother's grave, of which I am now the proud owner.

Took a look at it the week before last & discovered that the forgetmenots are looking promising for next spring.

None of the bulbs I planted seemed to do anything.
                    We got the RNLI to scatter my Dad's ashes while on exercise just off the coast of Holyhead, near Northstack - in return for a (sizeable) donation to the lifeboats.
                    Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Links are up

Now I can get on with the other stuff I'm supposed to be doing today, such as the shopping I couldn't do on Friday because I was in London

Comment

Working...
                      X