• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Put some jeans in the wash. This involves approximately two minutes of effort at the start and end of the process, but allows me to indulge in the notion that I've spent ninety minutes or so getting something done
    It's certainly less effort than washing the damn things in the bath as events earlier in the year shewed me. <-nicely archaic there.

And much easier than going down to the river & finding a rock.

Gosh, a rave from the grave:

http://www.bitsavers.org/pdf/intel/M...oMDS_Apr78.pdf

The MDS II IIRC.

A.K.A.The Intel Blue Box.

It's 30 years since I last saw one of those in The Real World.
    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 18 October 2018, 15:13.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
      It's certainly less effort than washing the damn things in the bath as events earlier in the year shewed me. <-nicely archaic there.

And much easier than going down to the river & finding a rock.

Gosh, a rave from the grave:

http://www.bitsavers.org/pdf/intel/M...oMDS_Apr78.pdf

The MDS II IIRC.

A.K.A.The Intel Blue Box.

It's 30 years since I last saw one of those in The Real World.
      They had one of those - or something very similar, possibly a later model as it supported the 8086 - at the Teletext transmission equipment company I worked at in the mid-1980s

Comment

Limited progress on the living room today, as my back was still hinting that it might withdraw its labour if it didn't get a bit of a rest. So all I've achieved is sitting down sorting a fairly large bundle of papers into keep/recycle/shred piles, then recycling and shredding as required

Still, it gets them out from the space under the side desk where they'd been getting in the way for many months, which will make it easier to shift the desks around to a better position once certain boxes have been moved to one side, which will allow me to put a not-yet-assembled Ikea storage unit next to the existing bookcases, which will allow me to move the Virgin Media modem and assorted other comms-related bits plus the printer into and onto that, which will let me take down the second, smaller cheap plastic shelving unit that has temporarily been their home, which will give me space for the boxes that had to be moved so the desks could be shifted right at the start

Comment

They had one of those - or something very similar, possibly a later model as it supported the 8086 - at the Teletext transmission equipment company I worked at in the mid-1980s
          Again, IIRC, it supported different elephant's trunks to enable debugging of different processors.

The newer ?MDS III? or ?MDS IV? ran on a 286, again IIRC.

In the end we replaced the MDS II in the "Tardis" ATE programming function with a Blue Thunder Z80 card in a 6MHz PCAT.

Which I carefully speced to have a monochrome (not a Hercules) card to feck up any possibility of it being connected to the VAX.

At which it succeeded & they had to buy an EGA monitor & card for it.

What is really really sad is that I can remember what the room looked like.

Scary.

In other other news, I still can't find the folder full of PCB foils that I've either carefully hidden in work or even more carefully hidden here at home.

If it's down in the garage they've probably all wrinkled by now.
          Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 18 October 2018, 17:44.
          When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

New checkout girl at Sainsbury's Local had never seen anybody pay with an Apple Watch before nor even knew such a thing was possible, and seemed quite excited about it

Comment

New checkout girl at Sainsbury's Local had never seen anybody pay with an Apple Watch before nor even knew such a thing was possible, and seemed quite excited about it
              Pulled at last? never worked for me, with my I-ron

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
                Pulled at last? never worked for me, with my I-ron
                Nah. May have made a sale for Apple, though then again, I'm not sure how much Sainsbury's Local pays its checkout staff…

Comment

Did you know that a black hole can be as tiny as 22 micrograms? Maybe if they can install one in every dustbin it will solve the refuse problem.
                  bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                  John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Google is bluddy useful at solving what I meant when I hastily mistyped some note ages ago and can't understand them. cnat corse instantly came up as can't cross.
                    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Tea has been the rest of Tuesday's scouse with a couple of bits of white bread. Extremely nice

I didn't freeze it because I'm short on room in the freezer, again. I need to remember not to get stuff when I go shopping, so I can use up what's in there

Comment

Working...
                      X