• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Just popped down to M&S to collect my new quilt and bedding

The system that was supposed to email me to say it was ready for collection didn't. The website denied all knowledge of the order under my account, even when given the full order number. In the end, I was able to see it on the M&S phone app, showing as ready for collection; so down I popped.

They seemed to take several minutes ditzing about in the clearly very small back room when they went to bring it all out for me. And lo! while I was there, the email and text message saying it was ready for collection arrived!

So I strongly suspect they either hadn't bothered scanning it in, or more likely had forgotten some part of the process; they could see the order on their handheld thing, but must have never carried out some final step that caused its arrival to be trumpeted to the world, then did it in a hurry while I waited
    I hope you remembered your IPSE perkbox discount - quite decent at M&S IIRC.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
      I hope you remembered your IPSE perkbox discount - quite decent at M&S IIRC.

6% saving, it seems. Ah well, next time…

Comment

Meanwhile on Twitter, the inimitable Charlotte Gore writes:

My normal approach when doing a contract is to arrive and quickly establish everyone's weaknesses, make everyone feel super insecure and then I turn them against each other, riding away after a few months with the place on fire.

I was a contractor. This is what we DO.
        https://twitter.com/CharlotteGore/st...73513153851392

Comment

Doom!

'Night mode' has just turned itself on on my phone before 8pm

Comment

And. Whilst i'm at it. Another f'kin thing - i have a bit of soot/engineering brick/cement in my eye as a result of mashing out half of the pissy old ladies chimney in order to install the lintel which the original builders deemed unnecessary.

Comment

Tomorrow - finding some nice Yorkshire stone flags to make a hearth from. And buggering about with mortar trying to make good today's damage.

Comment

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
                Damn you EU!
                Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
                  The rain/cloud made it really dark in here even before sunset - had to turn the light on not long after seven

Comment

Some more of yesterday's beef for tea.

The great advantage of having to walk so much fecking further is that I missed the 16:55 and had to catch the 17:12.

So everything takes just that little bit longer.

Watched "Jack Reacher: Never Go Back" recorded from yesterday on C4.

I rather enjoyed it.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt3393786/

Even if he is a midget and not 6' 6" and 300lbs.

Currently sipping a Theakston's Pale Ale, which is quite nice but not as good as Old Peculier.
                    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Ribs and chips for tea

Comment

Working...
                      X