• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    Fish supper picked up on the way back from the hospital, but unable to find an open offy and my dad’s house is now out of alcohol.
    No pub in walking distance?

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      Just found out 22 September is the date the original Tron takes place. Might watch it later in honour of the occasion
      And I did, for the first time in many a long year. I remember when it came out (I went to see it in the cinema twice) and it got only passing reviews at the time. Watching it now, I realise why: all the film reviewers were normal people, and the bits set in the real world are a bit clunky; it's only in the computer world that it comes to life. The film reviewers wouldn't have known that there was an entire generation of nerds, just come into adulthood, to whom the computer world stuff would be the only bit that really matters, which is why their dismissive reviews are forgotten and the film is now regarded as a trailblazing classic

And after that, All the Money in the World (2017), being an account of the kidnapping of John Paul Getty III, the grandson of Jean Paul Getty, who was a billionaire at 1973 prices but also seems to have been a foul, greedy skinflint who begrudged paying the ransom, thereby increasing the young man's suffering many thousandfold. An excellent film, filled with tension and drama; some scenes are clearly overdramatised for symbolic purposes, but as I've said of another based-on-a-true-story film recently, it's a film not a documentary FFS. Wholeheartedly recommended.

And then a further episode of The West Wing. Nearly up to Mandy's mysterious disappearance, also known as the end of S1

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

16.9 in here during the torrential downpour with raindrops the size of marbles.

Now the question is why I'd be dreaming about being in Australia with the extended (and in some cases strangely undead & undemented) Strangelove clan, getting upset at all the strange and toxic insects, and getting even more upset when the ancient Daewoo fax machine fails to work on the Oz POTS network for some reason, similarly the Strangelove batphone also refuses to function.

The extreme trauma of these telephonic failures was sufficient to wake me up.

I blame that fecking spider yesterday evening.

The vertical is teasing me by reminding me that it's still and hasn't really gone away but is simply waiting for me to drop my guard whereupon it'll roar back at full throttle.
          Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 23 September 2018, 07:52.
          When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning peeps

Comment

Afternoon all. Hospital, airport home. That’s the rest of my day
              …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Afternoon denizens

Patchy cloud out - quite cloudy over to the east, more Simpsonesque to the west

Comment

Shopping done at Tesco, Lidl(tm), and Morrisons.

Beef it is aroasting.

Visit to the dump done & dusted.

If I felt a bit better I might go there again with some more rubbish.

In other news, the rain stopped & the sun came out, which made a pleasant change.

'Tis the equinox today, downhill now all the way to Xmas.
                  When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                    'Tis the equinox today, downhill now all the way to Xmas.
                    Indeed! Happy Autumnal Equinox, everybody!

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                      Shopping done at Tesco, Lidl(tm), and Morrisons.

Beef it is aroasting.

Visit to the dump done & dusted.

If I felt a bit better I might go there again with some more rubbish.

In other news, the rain stopped & the sun came out, which made a pleasant change.

'Tis the equinox today, downhill now all the way to Winter Solstice.
                      FTFY

Comment

Working...
                      X