• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
    evil genius cackle!
    Total Moo!
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
      Today's trip down the dump done & dusted.

Inside of car cleaned to remove all the bits of rotten wood & spiders.

Gutters replaced now the paint has hardened a bit.

I altered the height of the collector thing by 3/4" so the water wouldn't pool in the gutter and grow moss like it did before.

Now busily phosphating a bit of iron pipe so I can put the linepost back up.

Not sure how wonderful this phosphate stuff is though.
      Mrs V is in charge of tip runs tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
        My mum's home from hospital

She could have been home much earlier today but she had to wait for the pharmacy to sort out whatever medications she had to take home. Hospital pharmacies always seem to be woefully unprepared for the eventuality of a patient leaving
        - Manly!

FIL is escaping soon, its really good to see him nearing the gate & barbed wire!

Oh sorry we can't organise carers for 2 weeks, he can stay in hospital - WTF???? Poor bastard is climbing the walls. Let him go home to die in peace.

NHS if it has a smelly hole its an arsehole! If it bends and attached to your chest its an elbow.

Comment

This evening's entertainment began with "Memphis Belle".

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0100133/

Makes one wonder how anyone could do that stuff.

Followed by "A Beautiful Mind""The Man who knew Infinity" being the mathematician Srinivasa Ramanujan FRS

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0787524/

Rather good all in all.
          When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Tonight's film was The Eichmann Show (2015), being a dramatisation of the events surrounding the televising of the trial of Adolf of that ilk. Very good stuff.

Early night now, as I have to go to the hospital tomorrow so the cardiologists can prod me

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all
              …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Off to Longleat today.

Comment

Is it too early for...? Unfortunately yes, as I have to work when I get there. T5 lounge not too busy, but there is a large man sitting near me who does that snorting/snotty breath in followed by coughing. Hasn’t he heard of blowing his nose?

Comment

test please delete

Conversation this morning with client PM:
                    Him: Will you be joining the call today?
                    Me (checks my diary): The 9am one? No, I’ll be on a plane. Not due to land until 10am.
                    Him: Oh (not sounding happy).
                    Me: Yes, I’ve got a go live this weekend. (A project he is one of the 5 PMs on)
                    Him:

Comment

16.7 degrees in here this morning! 11.4 in the laundry room with a n 11.2 degree overnight min.

Autumn is progressing well.

Today's highlight is a visit to the dentist at 14:20, which is rather disappointing in its way.

If I hadn't stopped the receptionist all that time ago back in June, I'm sure she'd have got to November in an attempt to get me a 09:00 appointment.

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                      I bought the pillows recommended by the late, much missed doodab.

I have to say they're very soft, so I bolster with cheap nasty pillow underneath to achieve the ideal level of goosy slumberiness.

Blimey - six years ago - I still think of them as my 'new pillows'
                      Stone me. £200 for a pillow?

And, as you say, much missed.

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                      So utterly knackered last evening that I couldn't be bothered to watch "Top Guns" which was about pistols.
                      Much the same happened last night.
                      Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 30 August 2018, 07:34.
                      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Working...
                      X