• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning all Overcast and autumnal out there on the walk.
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning.

18.5 in here, 15.1 overnight min in the laundry room, currently 15.3.

Dry.

Grey.

Rather cool.

A couple of trips down the dump pencilled in for today.

Living the dream, living the dream.
      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning denizens

Patchy cloud out there, though with thinner cloud between the patches rather than actual gaps; supposed to be a little warmer later

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
          A couple of trips down the dump pencilled in for today.
          Well make that 3 so far.

Where the feck he got all this wood from I really can't guess.

There's balks of timber that I can't lift so they'll have to stay where they are.

Living the dream, living the dream.

Lots & lots of pissed off spiders though.
          When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
            Gosh.

And I thought I could weld.

The latch on the front gate needed half an inch of steel welded on so it would work again.

I eventually managed it.

With much slag inclusion and grinding back.

Stone me.

Then I find that the stick should have been negative wrt the work.

It doesn't matter with an AC buzz box, but it does with this neat little Lidl(tm) welder.

It's amazing what a bit of Hammerite can cover over.

Then it was on to some rough flymoing of the even rougher grass, followed by cutting up some more remains of Strangelove Pater's wood collection, ready for a trip to the tip early tomorrow morning.

Totally & utterly knackered now but at least I seem to have achieved a little.

Oh, and the steel came from a chunk that was holding up the bricks in the doorway to the pigsty I can just about stand up in, in an attempt to make it a bit more useful.

It'll be even more useful when I've raised the roof by 9" and installed some lights & suchlike.
            Grinder and Paint makes me the welder I ain't!
            Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
              Grindr and Paint...
              Is "Paint" another one of these swipe left/swipe right apps, or do you brush left/brush right?

Comment

Sardine toasties for lunch

The tileserver project is now at the point where I need something to edit certain large and complex configuration files written in XML. As is the usual way with these things, I have downloaded an open source editor for such files that supposedly works on Mac, Windows, and Linux; it refuses to install because, apparently, my (working) version of Python 3.6.5 isn't in a very specific place that it presumably has hardcoded into it.

So now I'm probably going to build my own editor, because it'll almost certainly be quicker than buggering about trying to get the open source thing working only to find it doesn't do quite what I want

Comment

Popped up to the chemist to collect the monthly prescription I forgot to collect last Friday

Comment

Just reprogrammed a BT SmartHub as an access point for the back of the attic, replacing the HH4. It now means the chickens can FaceTime me when they lay an egg.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                      Just reprogrammed a BT SmartHub as an access point for the back of the attic, replacing the HH4. It now means the chickens can FaceTime me when they lay an egg.
                      You keep your chickens in the attic??
                      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X