• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

innit luverly and cool in sarf herts this evening?
    little bit more rain would be nice, too, but, hey..........

Comment

In the Chinese

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
        In the Chinese
        …and back again

Comment

Quite cool out still

And more rain due tomorrow

Comment

team V completed 9 metres of closeboard fencing today, only another 14 metres to go!

Nice neighbour said on Thursday lunchtime "oh we want to change the fence between us" (I had mentioned I wanted to do same a year ago and to tell me when they are ready.)

I quite unreasonably said "that you are sharing with 4 other neighbours on one side of my property so it would look odd, can I change all the fences on that side at the same time?" I did the other 2 sides 18 months ago, they hadn't been ready.

they said "Yes of course " they said "but it needs to be done by Monday"

Ground cleared, fence posts up and ready Friday night. Slats & Gravel boards done today.

I'm slightly tired....

So if anyone wants fencing, its a lot easier than IT, only 4 stakeholders!!!

Though if someone could organise a social occasion in a brewery!

Dinner was Pizza!
            Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
              they said "Yes of course " they said "but it needs to be done by Monday"
              Why would it be so urgent that one's neighbour change a fence "by Monday"? Had they told some elaborate lie to their mother that had grown to involve you changing your fence as a key element, and then the mother unexpectedly announced her intention to visit next week?

Comment

Tonight's entertainment was yet another rewatch, this time of Clear and Present Danger (1994), notable for an early appearance of Raymond Cruz, now better known for playing Tuco Salamanca in Breaking Bad and Better Call Saul. Good stuff, though as so often with this kind of thing, it's interesting to speculate on how much faster it would be paced if it was made today. I daresay the pendulum will eventually swing back, and giving a bit more breathing space to the story will become fashionable again.

And then another early West Wing episode to round the evening off.

Looking forward to a wet and windy Sunday

Goodnight all

Comment

It's a toasty 20 deg C in the living room today.

I have yet to venture out to the laundry room since it's pissing down & I don't want to get wet.

Ah, sweet horizontal rain.

I'm about to venture out to the laundry room.

I may be some time.

16.8 deg C in the laundry room overnight, 17.6 deg now.

Due to the state of the parsnips, a lentil <pffffft> soup is in preparation.

Just as well I bought some more carrots yesterday.

The "salmon cut" beef has been bisected & half is aroasting in the oven.

It had gone an interesting colour in parts due to living at the bottom of the fridge since Tuesday.

I shall be interested to see the results.
                  Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 29 July 2018, 11:13.
                  When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning denizens

Grey, breezy, showery day. It's a blessed relief

Comment

Windy and pissing it down all morning here.

Got the BBQ going anyway to smoke a brisket joint that has to be cooked today or go to waste.

Shifted the patio umbrella to keep the rain off and it's been going nicely for a couple go hours now. Hot smoked beefy goodness in T-6 hours. Nom
                      "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Working...
                      X