• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

<---

Now getting a bit sick of sitting here crossing days off waiting for the next job. Life seems to be getting that way - always waiting for the next big thing to happen and not a lot going on day to day. Living in the moment just isn't happening.

Comment

Originally posted by covbob View Post
      <---

Now getting a bit sick of sitting here crossing days off waiting for the next job. Life seems to be getting that way - always waiting for the next big thing to happen and not a lot going on day to day. Living in the moment just isn't happening.
      Be more Wally.

"Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Comment

Greggs steak bake out of the freezer for lunch. I accidentally left it in the oven a few minutes too long, resulting in a degree of overcooking, but I don't mind slightly overcooked pastry

And the bedding has been washed, in the hope that the extreme warmth of the day can be put to some good use drying it.

On a roll today

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            On a roll today
            I continued on said roll by taking myself off for a haircut. Sadly, the only person working - and, indeed, the only other person in the place - was the woman who talks too much and gives unsatisfactory haircuts. So I now have an unsatisfactory haircut, along with assorted pieces of information about her neighbours' holiday activities

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
              "Annual" also counts as "regular"

And it could be argued that "once in a blue moon" is also "regular"
              This was more irregular by it's nature rather than it's frequency.
              "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Two people up here this afternoon.

You could get yersen locked into the building sometimes.

Which was a bit scary.

But, on the other hand, my holiday "request" is good to go as the Septics say.

25 days out of the slough of despond.

Sounds good to me.

They should be in total panic mode with the sky falling by the time I return.
                Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 25 July 2018, 15:17.
                When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                  Greggs steak bake out of the freezer for lunch. I accidentally left it in the oven a few minutes too long, resulting in a degree of overcooking, but I don't mind slightly overcooked pastry

And the bedding has been washed, in the hope that the extreme warmth of the day can be put to some good use drying it.

On a roll today
                  Gives it that authentic Greggs taste - either lava or polar, never just right.
                  The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Various forms filled in ready for the audiology clinic tomorrow. I struggled a bit with "Four situations in which it is important for you as an individual to be able to hear as well as possible", because let's be honest, most stuff that's said isn't worth listening to

Still, I eventually managed to come up with four that didn't include "Watching telly", even though that would have been the most honest and heartfelt of the lot

Comment

I was right about it being cold overnight: the laundry room got down to 16 deg C.

Thought it was a bit chilly staggering down to the station.

Tea was boiled beef lamb and carrots & onions.

It was Very Nice.

I even got almost the right amount of cornflour.

This was followed by custard, stewed blackberries, and icecream (BBE09/2013).

That was nice too.

Currently enjoying a nice mug of tea before doing the dishes.

The wireless has gone <click> to relieve me of the bother of listening to whatever "comedy" they're serving up at 18:30.

I do find it very satisfying.

Off out picking Yet More Blackberries since I seem to be the only person doing it.

How things have changed.

I wonder what effect B****t will have on blackberry supplies.

Just had a phone call.

That I answered.

Telemarketing of course.

And it spoke the local dialect rather than a version introduced under the Raj.

I don't think it was called "Kevin" or "Bob" either.
                      Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 25 July 2018, 18:00.
                      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Working...
                      X