• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by original PM View Post
    Interesting seems that Hunt's cross station is 1 mile - or 7 minutes walk according to google (which seems to imply I walk at 8 ish mph which is novel)

And Hunt's cross shopping park is nearby - may go there for some lunch....
    Didn't have a shopping park in the 1960s. All fields there then, I think; or rather, a bit of unused land by the railway

Cross over the railway from there and you're in Allerton Cemetery, where many of my mother's side of the family now lie.

Comment

Sausages in rolls for lunch

It's a bit bloody warm again

Comment

A youth offender institution in Thamesmead has been named ISIS. Why?

Comment

Probably for the same reason that Intel named ISIS II as ISIS II.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ISIS_(operating_system)

Them were the days.

The vertical 8" floppy was FM & could be read with some jiggery pokery by other systems, the two horizontal drives were MMFM and are difficult to read with anything else.
          Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 20 July 2018, 14:43.
          When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by GreenMirror View Post
            A youth offender institution in Thamesmead has been named ISIS. Why?
            Because "Isis" is another name for the Thames? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Isis

Though strictly speaking it's only for the bit around Oxford. Maybe they didn't realise that?

Comment

It's getting greyer and greyer.

I do so hope that the stagger home will happen before the deluge.

It's quite cool too.

And the moving oiks have buggered off for the weekend.

Just found some exercise books that belonged to two guys I worked with in Siliconix some 35 years ago, and one of mine from 40 odd years ago.

Said books had the exercises ripped out & were retained for the graph paper.

Comment

Absolutely tipping down now in Mancland.
                Lancs Lightning v Yorkshire Bastids Vikings T20 match at Old Trafford looking in doubt.
                The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

The weather app asserts that there are showers here, but there aren't

Probably passing by a few miles away, as usual

Comment

I got wet.

It was nice.

Unusually for a Friday, tea consisted of M&S breaded haddock.

To be followed by stewed blackberries (the ones that didn't end up all over the inside of the microwave last night), along with a further quantity of icecream (BBE Sept 2013).

Which was very nice.

Currently vaguely listening to the monstrous regiment doing their comedy thing at 18:30 on a Friday.

Counting down to the big <click>.

<click>
                    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 20 July 2018, 17:45.

Comment

Operation Use Up All That Stuff In The Freezer resumed tonight with beef & Guinness casserole, with Sainsbury's mini roasties and peas; and very nice it was too

There were some drops of rain this afternoon, but not even enough to be visible: the only evidence was the occasional drop splashing in the water in an old bucket in the back yard that's visible from my kitchen window. After about two hours of this, there was some dampness on the slabs out there, but not even enough to make the slabs evenly damp; I reckon it was evaporating faster than it was arriving most of the time

Comment

Working...
                      X