• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vastly improved weather today - hazy sunshine, thinning clouds, reasonable coffee.
    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

The electoral registration team at the council have sent me an email telling me that they've sent me a form by snailmail with which to confirm my registration at this address is still valid, asking me to do so online if possible as this will save them money

Comment

Top tip - when the chief executive decides to 'listen in' at your standup, don't say 'who are you'?

Comment

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
          Top tip - when the chief executive decides to 'listen in' at your standup, don't say 'who are you'?

Comment

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
              The electoral registration team at the council have sent me an email telling me that they've sent me a form by snailmail with which to confirm my registration at this address is still valid, asking me to do so online if possible as this will save them money
              I had one of those for the ex DrS parents' house.

Happily they seem to have forgotten I now live next door.

In other boring news, I've just dismantled my overdesk shelving system, mostly so I can recover the screws.

If I could be arsed, I'd recover the screws from the battens that used to carry the component bins.

But the electric screwdriver is now elsewhere and my hand is already sore.

In even more boring news, they've taken the photocopier/printer away.

Stone me, this really is existential boredom.

So, just for a larf, like, I've just "requested" the last 3 weeks of August off.

Let's set the cat amongst the pigeons.
              Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 25 July 2018, 10:59.
              When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning all.

Not quite so hot here last night and so far today.

Just back from getting some physio on my neck and shoulders after the weekends silliness. Feels like someone has spent an hour beating me across the back with a cricket bat. Apparently one shoulder is so badly messed up that I need to get that sorted before they can sort out the remaining issues with my neck

At least I'm not as badly off as the guy who crashed at 30mph and broke 5 ribs, they've only just let him out of hospital.
                "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
                  Morning all.

Not quite so hot here last night and so far today.

Just back from getting some physio on my neck and shoulders after the weekends silliness. Feels like someone has spent an hour beating me across the back with a cricket bat. Apparently one shoulder is so badly messed up that I need to get that sorted before they can sort out the remaining issues with my neck

At least I'm not as badly off as the guy who crashed at 30mph and broke 5 ribs, they've only just let him out of hospital.
                  Ah, the benefits to health of regular exercise

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                    Ah, the benefits to health of regular exercise
                    I don think you could class it as in any way "regular"
                    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
                      I don think you could class it as in any way "regular"
                      "Annual" also counts as "regular"

And it could be argued that "once in a blue moon" is also "regular"
                      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Working...
                      X