• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by covbob View Post
    At least parking is now back to normal and campus is a ghost town, devoid of Esteemed Customers.
    Always A Good Thing.

<taps screen>

at least it doesn't involve the garage this time.

One of the hideous spiky plants up by the house & next to the laundry room has finally fallen far enough over that I'll have to cut the fecking thing down this evening.

Oh deep & abiding joy.

Not.

Tea, unusually for a Tuesday, is breaded haddock (M&S).

Followed, equally unusually, by stewed blackberries, icecream (BBE09/13), and custard (best before the fecking milk goes off, trust me on that).

Followed by an hours labour removing the dying bush thing with inch long spikes that likes to get you when you least expect it.

The problem being caused by the main trunk being rotten at the base, thus pressing other healthy branches with even bigger spikes towards the ground.

It's now pruned back with a vengeance, which has let a lot more light into the living room despite the curtains never being opened.

And following a very necessary shower (cold), this week's ep of "Elementary" was watched.

"Walter"* turned up as his dad again.

And now it's almost TFBSZ time again.

Where does the time go?

*John Noble, Walter and Walternate in "Fringe". I miss Walter. Almost as much as I miss Saga.
    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 24 July 2018, 20:57.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Tried sorting out a few books and boxes. Even that fairly minimal amount of exertion has me sweating like a good 'un

One step at a time…

Comment

pork curry a la jockinese, oot ae the freezer, with toasted garlic and coriander naan, oot ae sainsburys

they get hotter the longer you leave them, -phew

Comment

Beef + mushrooms with tomato salad
          Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Tea tonight has been a delicious and rather large porterhouse steak, with chips of course

Comment

No telly tonight, apart from a bit of Traffic Cops on 5 while I was eating dinner

Goodnight all

Comment

Stone me it's cold.

20 deg C in here at the moment.

Woken up by cat howling outside bedroom window.

Twice.

Then had to get up to close said window because it had got cold.

Then had to get up to find duvet since it was really cold.

All in all a really fine night's sleep.

WTF the dream about the vacuum cleaner meant is beyond me.

Oh.

Ridding yourself of outdated ideas and bad habits.

Tidying up your life.

To dream of a broken vacuum cleaner represents your lost motivation or ability to tidy up some area of your life.

Feeling that it's not possible to have the perfectly responsible or professional appearance that you want
                Well, there we are then.

I should have run the damn thing over the house (such parts as are reachable) last weekend.

Or something.
                Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 25 July 2018, 07:18.
                When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning all

CBS, no rain here.

Bit of a late night yesterday, long dog walk, a few beers, nice meal down one of the locals.
                  …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning denizens

Currently sunny with patchy cloud; 19°C outside, 28°C within

And tomorrow's rain has been cancelled

And tomorrow's temperature is forecast to be 21°C by 8am, at which time I will be walking up to the Royal Infirmary for my hearing test

Comment

Morning All

wfh today in my small leafy commuter town somewhere in cheshire

weather is ok I suppose

shrooms, sausage and eggs for breakfast which was nice

wonder when the kids will get up..

Comment

Working...
                      X