• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unusually for a Friday, tea was fish, this time Morrisons breaded something or other, er, basa whatever the feck that is.

It was nice enough.

This evening's flic was "Beverly Hills Cop".

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0086960/

It was very funny & I'd forgotten that it was an 18, much effing & blinding.

2 is a 15, and 3 appears to be a 12 somewhere or other.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
      This evening's flic was "Beverly Hills Cop".

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0086960/

It was very funny & I'd forgotten that it was an 18, much effing & blinding.
      I rewatched that a while ago - it's excellent. In fact, it was in November 2016 according to iTunes, so I might be due another rewatch soon

My entertainment this evening started with S4E2 of Bron/Broen, aka The Bridge. I'd been trying to work out where I knew the chap playing Jonas from; as is usually the case with Danish actors, it's from Borgen and Forbrydelsen.

After that: Panic Room (2002), in which Jodie Foster and her daughter panic and go into a room. It's a good thriller, as it goes; one or two "well, you wouldn't do that" moments, but good enough that I'd forgotten what they were by the end. I should take notes. Anyway, worth a watch.

And to round off the evening: Phone Booth (2002) - not to be confused with the wonderful La Cabina, despite having the same title in a different language. In this case, the chap is only trapped in the phone booth because a sniper will kill him if he leaves. It's slightly spoiled by the director being a bit too clever, with inset frames and split screens and what have you, and it tries to imply a depth of meaning that the story doesn't actually possess. But apart from that, quite a serviceable thriller, and only about eighty minutes long so it doesn't outstay its welcome.

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all hot and humid out there!
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning denizens

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
          Morning all hot and humid out there!
          WWTFHS

Comment

'Tis unpleasantly warm.

This morning's expedition to the metropolis of Neath has revealed that my butcher has closed down.

I thought he was on his hols, but it transpires that he's shut the business.

Bummer.

I shall need to transfer my custom to the supplier of stuffed hearts instead.

The usual 6 or 8 inches of dvds purchased, along with a box set of "Rocky" that 4 people have been unable to extract the dvds from.

Lunch is about to be some soup, just because it's warm, like.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
              This morning's expedition to the metropolis of Neath has revealed that my butcher has closed down.

I thought he was on his hols, but it transpires that he's shut the business.

Bummer.

I shall need to transfer my custom to the supplier of stuffed hearts instead.
              Sad news

There hasn't been a proper English butcher on my side of town for years, though I believe there's a few in the indoor market if I could bring myself to go into the city centre. A Polish one opened along the road a little while back; maybe I should give them a try some time. I'm not sure how Polish cuts vary from British ones.

Comment

The reason I frequented said butcher was due to the Strangelove parents who had bought meat off them for years and off the previous incarnation which closed some 25 years ago causing the then butcher's assistant to start up on his own.

Plus it was about 5 stalls down in Neath Market from where Strangelove grandfather had his stall back in the 20s and 30s, before going bust in 1937 shortly before he could have made a fortune in the last global unpleasantness.

Ho hum.

If you must shoot meth don't buy it from a guy you don't trust. Especially if you think he wants to kill you by putting penicillin (to which you are highly allergic) in your meth. If, after you have shot up with the suspect meth, you develop anxiety, palpitations, sweating, racing thoughts and all the other things you expect from meth use don't assume that this is your penicillin allergy.

The really funny thing about this case is that the guy was convinced this new dealer he bought from was trying to kill him with PCN laced meth which is pretty stupid. Based on the story and the clinical picture it's more likely that the dealer (who he now hates) sold him the purest meth he'd ever encountered.
                Was it blue? We should be told.
                Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 7 July 2018, 11:42.

Comment

Sausages on soft white rolls for lunch

I was planning to go shopping this afternoon, but inspection of the kitchen cupboards, fridge, and freezer leads me to conclude that not only do I not need anything, I also don't have anywhere to put it. So despite my desire to demonstrate to a few shop assistants that I really don't give a stuff about the association football, I might as well stay in

I'll try to get my stocks down before the next round, should they somehow win

Comment

It's gone awfully quiet out there.

Are the Apache about to attack?

Comment

Traffic outside here seems about the usual for a Saturday afternoon. Maybe skipping the shops was a good idea after all

Comment

Working...
                      X