• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was rather disappointed just now.

My cold shower wasn't.

Where's the fun in mortifying the flesh if it isn't?

What next?

Hair shirts that aren't hairy or shirty?

Some feckwhit is setting off fireworks.

Is it November already?
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
      I was rather disappointed just now.

My cold shower wasn't.

Where's the fun in mortifying the flesh if it isn't?

What next?

Hair shirts that aren't hairy or shirty?

Some feckwhit is setting off fireworks.

Is it November already?
      you could slap yourself with a wet haddock, - might make you feel better?

Comment

TFBSZ
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
          And another old musician friend has gone. **** it! two months from diagnosis to death - probably lucky though, really, - better than tulip like alzheimers and MND etc etc.
          but i'm Still pissed off
          so there
          bollox

bugrit bugrit bugrit - millenium hand and SHRIMP
          Bugger <- manly

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            I can start watching it now I know it's all available
            And so it came to pass. Just E1 for now.

After that, I brought the M:I rewatch up to date with Mission: Impossible - Rogue Nation (2015). Absolutely brilliant stuff, and one can only hope the forthcoming one advances the state of the art over this one as much as this one did over the preceding one

And to round off, a short film I love and haven't watched in a few years: La cabina (1972). I'm still making do with aged VHS rips of this grabbed off YouTube; it's about time they rescanned the negative and released it in 4K. But even with poor-ish video quality, it's one of the most unsettling films ever made

Goodnight all

Comment

Had all the upstairs windows open overnight, so the rooms are now at a rather more reasonably 24 deg C.

Downstairs it's 22 deg C.

Well there we are.

The Saturday morning shop done & dusted.

Phew wot a scorcher.

Tis the sun wot doz it.

Pollen count high.

Temperature high.

Bit breezy now and again.

Neath hot.

Found another bootleg dvd in a charity emporium.

Stainless steel lawn edger purchased from Wilko.

Hayfever currently working overtime <cough> <wheeze> <sneeze>

The DS attempt at scouse dug out of freezer.

Builders in next door doing sommat or other, I care not wot.

Currently watching "Anzio" with Robert Mitchum.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0062673/

No mention of Roger Waters' dad yet.

Bob Mitchum and Peter Falk have reached Rome.

Kesselring is not best pleased.
              Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 30 June 2018, 11:14.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                And to round off, a short film I love and haven't watched in a few years: La cabina (1972). I'm still making do with aged VHS rips of this grabbed off YouTube; it's about time they rescanned the negative and released it in 4K. But even with poor-ish video quality, it's one of the most unsettling films ever made

Goodnight all
                +1 la cabina

Fecking hot here, but the show must go on. Paint stripping to be precise. It's that or ripping out the fireplace (not the surround, the loose tulipty infil which was added as an after thought by some 70's chunt) which I just can't face today.

Looking forward to beer o'clock.

Comment

Afternoon denizens

Far too hot again

Comment

Today's 2nd feature following the picking of the raspberries for the elderly neighbour next door, is "The Fourth Protocol" by Freddie Forsythe, starring Michael Caine & Pierce (before Bond) Brosnan.

It's rather good, though I don't think I'd like to carry a polonium disk around with me in a tin of tobacco.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0093044/

I particularly like the bit on the tube with the 2 NF* chaps.

*Not NickFitz by the way.

I rather enjoyed that once I'd stopped worrying about the initiator. (which is explained in the featurette).

Tea was the remaining kipper (Manx style, Morrisons, reduced) followed by a further portion of stewed raspberries and custard.

It was all very nice, especially since I'd managed not to overcook the kipper this time.

The Fourth Protocol is about the USSR attempting to destroy NATO.

Of course it was so much simpler, in what passes for reality, to get a Russian sleeper like POTUS Trump to do it from the White House.

Simples.

This evening's final epic was "The Pelican Brief" with Denzel Washington and Julia Roberts.

The gleam from the combined sets of teeth was blinding.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0107798/?ref_=nv_sr_1

It was a bit wordy but ok in its way.

Again an object lesson for a POTUS with half a brain of the results of obstruction of justice.

I was thinking of watching "The Prestige" since Michael Caine is in it, but decided to have a bit of a change.

The Pelican Brief dvd is a flipper, I don't think I've seen one of those before though I've got a couple that are 4:3 on one side and 16:9 on the other.

The flipper dvd has one half of the film on one side & the other half on the other.

I assume that dual layer disks hadn't been invented back then.

Just ventured into the B*****t forum.

I feel dirty now.

TFBSZ.
                    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 30 June 2018, 22:31.

Comment

Off to the Chinese

Comment

Working...
                      X