• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Managed to get a room at the Premier Inn right by Excel, which was fully booked when I tried a few weeks ago

It costs a bit more, but after reading the Trip Advisor reviews of the Beckton one nearby I was going to instead, I think it's worth it

More importantly, the DLR to the adjacent station runs much later, meaning I'm now unlikely to have to leave before the end of the Rutles gig, which was a possibility - Beckton isn't served so late.

Comment

Trip to the dump completed.

It's much more sensible to leave it until late afternoon when the queues have dissipated a bit.

Miele seem a bit upset at my FB post about their crap product.

I've also cut both hedges, the one out the front and the little one out the back.

And I've vacced the crap out of the car.

Lunch, such as it was, consisted largely of yogurt, whilst tea was a tin of crosse & blackwell chicken and vegetable soup with some microwave rice added in.

I paid about £13 for some very similar a couple of weeks ago whilst out with the relatives.

I suppose I'd better do the dishes.
      Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 7 May 2018, 18:37.
      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
        Managed to get a room at the Premier Inn right by Excel, which was fully booked when I tried a few weeks ago

It costs a bit more, but after reading the Trip Advisor reviews of the Beckton one nearby I was going to instead, I think it's worth it

More importantly, the DLR to the adjacent station runs much later, meaning I'm now unlikely to have to leave before the end of the Rutles gig, which was a possibility - Beckton isn't served so late.
        Give Dirk McQuickly my regards

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
          Trip to the dump completed.

It's much more sensible to leave it until late afternoon when the queues have dissipated a bit.

Miele seem a bit upset at my FB post about their crap product.

I've also cut both hedges, the one out the front and the little one out the back.

And I've vacced the crap out of the car.

Lunch, such as it was, consisted largely of yogurt, whilst tea was a tin of crosse & blackwell chicken and vegetable soup with some microwave rice added in.

I paid about £13 for some very similar a couple of weeks ago whilst out with the relatives.

I suppose I'd better do the dishes.
          I don't envy you your hectic lifestyle

Comment

In a frenzied outburst of activity, I've made a batch of chips up to Stage II, which are now cooling before freezing.

And the towel wash has finished, so they've been draped over the STEPLADDER where they will hopefully dry quickly in this heat

I could put them out on the line, but that runs very close to the living room window of the ground floor back, and I don't want block their sunlight given what a rarity it can be down there
            FTFY

Comment

Slow cooked pork paprika (courtesy of the freezer) for dinner.
              Again, the flavours develop well when stored

Comment

Held off on burning garden waste until tonight. All nice and dry. Neighbour is round for a few drinks asks if I will burn some of her garden waste. Sure, if it’s dry.
                She comes round with GREEN leaves, GREEN branches, etc, then is surprised when my flaming incinerator starts smoking out her house
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
                  I don't envy you your hectic lifestyle
                  By rights, this should have been a twelve week gig and I would have been finished last week. But the agency somehow managed to make it thirteen weeks, I thought "Whatever", and now all this other stuff is happening in the extra week

Comment

Rack of ribs - not to be confused with ribs - and chips for tea

Comment

By rights, this should have been a twelve week gig and I would have been finished last week. But the agency somehow managed to make it thirteen weeks, I thought "Whatever", and now all this other stuff is happening in the extra week
                      Just realised you were talking about DrS's hectic lifestyle. Still, mine feels pretty hectic at the moment so I'll reply anyway

Comment

Working...
                      X