• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
    Won a few quid with Pleasant Company.
    missus won 30 quid on tiger roll

Comment

TFBSZ
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
        To follow: V for Vendetta (2005), which is kind of the opposite extreme in terms of the political situation portrayed. I once recorded this when it was on the telly, a few years ago now, but I wasn't in the mood for it and turned it off after the first few minutes. I seem to have been in the mood for it this time, because I thought it was absolutely bloody phenomenal

Goodnight all
        A remarkable film.

I think I was too tired to appreciate it fully.

Remarkable acting by all.

Once again I have two copies, one a single dvd, the other the 2 disc special.

The 2nd disc is full of stuff no normal person would watch.
        When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
          The 2nd disc is full of stuff no normal person would watch.
          And did you enjoy it?

Comment

Back from the pub. Quite a pleasant evening, though I miss the comfortable seating in <list of half a dozen pubs with exceedingly comfortable seating that have closed down over the last twenty years>

Comment

Tonight's late-night post-pub entertainment was The Hunger Games (2012), in which a number of teenagers are made to fight to the death, which many would say is the best thing to do with teenagers

As I understand matters, the film is based on books written primarily for an audience of fourteen-year-olds, and is aimed at the same audience; and it shows. But allowing for that, it's really rather good in its way, and I'll get around to watching the subsequent films (it being the first in a series, again like the books) at some point

Goodnight all

Comment

And did you enjoy it?
                I'm not sure that "enjoy" is quite the word.

Some fine performances.

However, compared with "Lord of the Flies" it's positively actinically brilliant.

It wasn't helped by the ongoing exhaustion caused by the relentless emptying of the StrangeloveParents' house over the last fortnight or so.

I had a week's warning that the builders were starting last Monday and they wanted the house "Completely Cleared".

So, from Good Friday until 14:30 last Sunday, <martyr mode>I beavered away clearing the loft & the rest of the rooms <sing> All By My Self</sing> </martyr mode>.

And 14:30 the relatives purchasing said house turned up & gave a whole hour & a half of assistance in removing One Carpet with underlay to the dump.

As of last Thursday, the property is now theirs, but guess who is still doing all the remaining clearances?

<DS in "I'm so fecking knackered I could cry" mode>

In the meantime, the purchasers have time to go to the gym & the pub, etc.

I don't need to go to the fecking gym, I've lost the better part of half a stone or more over the last fortnight.

And, being back in work last week, I've been labouring away until 20:00 or 21:00 just to get stuff done.

There we are, the martyr rant is done.
                Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 15 April 2018, 07:28.
                When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning all s’murky out
                  …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Tonight's late-night post-pub entertainment was The Hunger Games (2012), in which a number of teenagers are made to fight to the death, which many would say is the best thing to do with teenagers

As I understand matters, the film is based on books written primarily for an audience of fourteen-year-olds, and is aimed at the same audience; and it shows. But allowing for that, it's really rather good in its way, and I'll get around to watching the subsequent films (it being the first in a series, again like the books) at some point

Goodnight all
                    Have to agree

panem et circenses

and with great circus you can hold back on the bread!

It is funny/sad how 1984, the Running Man & similar have so closely predicted future visual entertainment.
                    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Afternoon denizens

Cloudy out today, and not as warm as yesterday. Must be that heatwave they were talking about

Comment

Working...
                      X