• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tonight's telescreen experience opened with episode two of Modus, which confused the heck out of me by having people speaking in English at the start, leaving me wondering where the subtitles had gone before I realised what was going and turned the volume up. Borgen does this too; I wish they'd carry on with the subtitles at such moments

After that, another of those films whose influences on popular culture are well known, but which I'd never seen: A Few Good Men (1992). Very good indeed, I thought, though I don't suppose Tom Cruise broke many ankles making this one. It raises interesting questions about the "only obeying orders" defence so beloved of our Royal Family's countrymen at Nuremberg all those years ago, and although it doesn't really answer them, it's an excellent courtroom drama.

And to follow that, episode one of The Night Of (2016) which starts out getting even weirder than one expects from HBO, but soon descends into the level of brutal crime and injustice one does expect. Promising stuff.

And it also features J. D. Williams, aka Bodie Broadus in The Wire, which is meet as this night marks the tenth anniversary of the broadcast of the final episode thereof (in the USA, at least).

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all
      S'murky out.
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Afternoon denizens

A bit grey out, but rather mild

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
          Whatever floats your bonnet
          I take my hat off to you sir!

Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

My Mum just phoned to inform me that she didn't have any news, and to ascertain that I didn't either

Then, just after she'd rung off, she rang again. The post delivery people down there must have a lie-in on Saturdays, because as she rang off the post arrived, bringing my Mothers' Day card

It's not the same as when the post delivered on a Sunday and you could post the card on Saturday and be sure it would get there on the right day, though. If the Royal Mail aren't going to deliver on Sunday, the card manufacturers should move their promotional "occasions" to Saturday

Comment

In the Chinese

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                In the Chinese
                They were very busy again, but they still got my dinner done in a few minutes

Comment

I need to get a moderately early night tonight, as we're surprising my Mum with a family dinner tomorrow. My brother's picking me up on his way down from further north, so at least I don't have to bother driving.

But I also want to have a good night's sleep, so there'll be no film-watching this evening

Still, I have Sunday night for that

Comment

TFBSZ
                    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                      TFBSZ
                      Goodnight

Comment

Working...
                      X