• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Home again after a six mile round trip on the hoof

The rehab assessment went well. I didn't escape the walking test, which involves scuttling back and forth between a couple of cones in one of the hospital corridors at an ever-increasing pace, but the result was that I was deemed too fit to attend any of their in-house exercise sessions

Knackered now, though. My lower back starts to complain at over five miles or so

Comment

Sausages in finger rolls for lunch, to make up for some - well, most, it turns out - of those calories I used up with all the walking

Comment

Cleaning the deep fat fryer, because untold misery is the price one has to pay for beautiful chips. It's worth it in the end

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
          The rehab assessment went well.
          One highlight was that it took place in a room on the ground floor and just outside the window was… the pile of gravel!

I've taken advantage of the lack of other patients in the room to go and have a look out of the window, which lies beyond the bed to my right.

It's a first floor window and below it is a path and a large pile of gravel, or possibly grit for gritting the roads around the hospital grounds. It's very big by pile-of-stuff standards in an urban environment, though obviously not that big in comparison to the piles one sees at the Works Unit on the M1 just south of junction 20.

No sign of any snow, though.
          I just saw the pile of gravel from ground level, as it's out the back near the Discharge Lounge and I was wheeled past the door and windows overlooking it. The nurse trundling me was very amused that I recognised it
          So the room I was in this morning is immediately beneath the room I was in on Ward 28 up until the angiogram, when things got complicated

Comment

One highlight was that it took place in a room on the ground floor and just outside the window was… the pile of gravel!

So the room I was in this morning is immediately beneath the room I was in on Ward 28 up until the angiogram, when things got complicated
            was the axe still there, too?

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
              was the axe still there, too?
              I think the pirate's nabbed that

Comment

Cleaning the deep fat fryer, because untold misery is the price one has to pay for beautiful chips. It's worth it in the end
                I bought an air fryer for this purpose recently. proper hand cut ones, 30 minutes in water first (if I CBA), but none of the messing about with oil (apart from a teaspoon of oil for a nice brown coating). Does a nice roast chicken as well., Sunday breakfast sausage and bacon are cooked better as well. Still practicing with the timing and temp settings. Frozen Greggs rolls and steak bake are now spot on.

Niece has a deep fat fryer, my car has better looking oil, when time to change.

Comment

Originally posted by anonymouse View Post
                  I bought an air fryer for this purpose recently. proper hand cut ones, 30 minutes in water first (if I CBA), but none of the messing about with oil (apart from a teaspoon of oil for a nice brown coating). Does a nice roast chicken as well., Sunday breakfast sausage and bacon are cooked better as well. Still practicing with the timing and temp settings. Frozen Greggs rolls and steak bake are now spot on.

Niece has a deep fat fryer, my car has better looking oil, when time to change.
                  My sister swears by hers, and she did get excellent results out of it when I was staying with them after I came out of hospital. But I'm a bit of a traditionalist when it comes to chips

I need to take a trip up the recycling centre with my old oil - I think I've got about six 3-litre containers of it sitting there now

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                    Is it too early? yes it is. Off to T2.

Morning all
                    In the Aer Lingus Lounge hoping the coffee kicks in before I have to drive home later.
                    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Laundry done. It's a veritable hive of activity round here today

Comment

Working...
                      X