• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rough.

Like a badger's arse.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
      What still remains in my memory was the overwhelming pong of dog and the hideous and very thick carpeting.

I can't remember if I did get to bang her senseless later, but I would assume that I did.

Must have been some time in spring 1992 after the clocks had gone forward.

Or was it a Saturday?

We have seen one like that - the toilet cistern had broken and leaked water resulting in an overwhelming damp and rotten smell all through the house. The residents had clearly made no effort to clear anything up. The whole place was a dump. At least most people make more of an effort than that!

I think we both felt sick from the various odours after leaving that one.

Comment

Yes. The way some people live is incredible.

As I well remember from the dim & distant past when I used to fix tellies for what passed for a living.

Sticky carpets.

Uchafi.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
          Yes. The way some people live is incredible.

As I well remember from the dim & distant past when I used to fix tellies for what passed for a living.

Sticky carpets.

Uchafi.
          Yuck
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

25 minutes wasted on a phone interview which turned out to be a completely different role to the one I'd been briefed.

At least I clicked with the interviewer and he might need someone with my skillset soonish, but the immediate contract is a washout.

Comment

Originally posted by covbob View Post
              25 minutes wasted on a phone interview which turned out to be a completely different role to the one I'd been briefed.

At least I clicked with the interviewer and he might need someone with my skillset soonish, but the immediate contract is a washout.
              Least it wasn't a 100% waste of time just a 98% one.

Everyone is in a meeting.
              "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                Least it wasn't a 100% waste of time just a 98% one.

Everyone is in a meeting.
                i'm not, - afternoon everybody

Comment

Sausages (2) in wholemeal bap for lunch

Got asked to do something which was tedious but not challenging - the worst combination. Luckily, after a couple of minutes looking into it, I realised I’d abstracted away what was needed into a general solution about a year ago, so it took minimal time and effort to sort it out

Comment

Hot pork and wholegrain mustard. And yet another glass of water. Might need a piss at some point this afternoon.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                      Sausages (2) in wholemeal bap for lunch

Got asked to do something which was tedious but not challenging - the worst combination. Luckily, after a couple of minutes looking into it, I realised I’d abstracted away what was needed into a general solution about a year ago, so it took minimal time and effort to sort it out
                      Showoff.

I hope you've hidden somewhere to fester for a while so they think it's really really really difficult.

Otherwise: rooky mistake.

We seem to have "lost" an esteemed customer, hopefully not "permanently" if you get my drift.

Comment

Working...
                      X