• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Crock-Pot. It's this one: Crock-Pot 3.5L Stainless Steel Hinged Lid Slow Cooker | Crock-Pot UK

Which? reckons it's an absolutely excellent bit of kit as far as cooking goes, though naturally they find some trivial, purely cosmetic thing in the build quality to whine about (which, furthermore, isn't the case with mine).

I shall report back this evening on the actual results achieved on this first outing
    Love ours. On the side most nights.

Try doing a roast in it.
    OK no browning but just slam a joint in the slow cooker and leave 3-4 hours.

any manky cut of meat plus some gravy & veg, finish off with beer & dumplings.

Clean the fridge of veg into the slow cooker 8 hours on low and blitz with a hand blender. Add some cream & pepper. Freeze take to work then nuke for a lunch.

Key thing is to create the flavour by either frying or adding flavour e.g. Beer / chillies etc.
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Tonight's movie mania was provided by The Cold Light of Day, which is a thriller about a chap's family being kidnapped. It was OK, but I suspect I was too tired to be properly gripped

So I'm going to bed, with no alarm set and no intention of going anywhere tomorrow except, possibly, the Chinese

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

This is our new kitchen toy, never had juice from someone's kitchen like it. 3-4 oranges makes around a pint of juice

We paid £200 for ours...

https://www.amazon.co.uk/JR-Ultra-Mu.../dp/B00U7PUR1A
          The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
            This is our new kitchen toy, never had juice from someone's kitchen like it. 3-4 oranges makes around a pint of juice

We paid £200 for ours...

We used to have the older model of it which got used a few times then ended up in the attic. Sold it on eBay earlier in the year for £12

Comment

morning all.
              clear blue and king billy here

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                We used to have the older model of it which got used a few times then ended up in the attic. Sold it on eBay earlier in the year for £12
                Couldn't be bothered, or?

I imagine your kitchen has a lot of gear in it ..

Am I right?
                The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

We paid £200 for ours...

Well I never knew there was so much to juicing.

Comment

Couldn't be bothered, or?

I imagine your kitchen has a lot of gear in it ..

Am I right?
                    The second one, also The Wife (tm) was given a pre-diabetes diagnosis and when she started monitoring her blood sugar, the juicer was a big culprit.

Our next house will have a bigger kitchen.

Comment

Morning denizens

Grey and chilly out

Relishing my lack of commitments for the day, though

Comment

Working...
                      X