• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm beginning to think that decorating is nature's way of telling you to just learn to like lemon yellow kitchen walls

Now waiting for the filler stuff to dry in various holes where screws once lived…

Comment

Just bought some carrots from Morrisons: 15p for a big bag, plus yet another pie (Peters this time), also reduced.

I was going to buy some of their reduced fishy morsels but the fridge is full of those & the freezer ain't much better.

Other than that, two houses vacced and the probate forms for ZeitMater filled in.

If ZeitSis agrees with my calculations (such as they are), I'll do the photocopying and we can submit to the Cardiff probate office ASAP.

Had to guess the value of various possessions, Georgian chest of drawers about £1500 and I added another £1500 for sundry items.

All in all it doesn't add up to much for a long life.

Nice and sunny out there though.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
        I'm beginning to think that decorating is nature's way of telling you to just learn to like lemon yellow kitchen walls

Now waiting for the filler stuff to dry in various holes where screws once lived…
        You know there's quick dry stuff available?

In a squeezy toothpaste tube on steroids type pack?

Comment

I failed to get to Lidl(tm) this afternoon since the traffic system at Dwr y Felin is fecked up with temporary lights & such like.

Comment

Superb lunch today at the Crown inn Trelawnyd

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
              Just bought some carrots from Morrisons: 15p for a big bag, plus yet another pie (Peters this time), also reduced.

I was going to buy some of their reduced fishy morsels but the fridge is full of those & the freezer ain't much better.

Other than that, two houses vacced and the probate forms for ZeitMater filled in.

If ZeitSis agrees with my calculations (such as they are), I'll do the photocopying and we can submit to the Cardiff probate office ASAP.

Had to guess the value of various possessions, Georgian chest of drawers about £1500 and I added another £1500 for sundry items.

All in all it doesn't add up to much for a long life.

Nice and sunny out there though.
              To be honest having watched what my gran's contents went for at auction I think you could mark both down as £0 and no one would bat an eyelid...
              merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
                You know there's quick dry stuff available?

In a squeezy toothpaste tube on steroids type pack?
                My stuff came out of a tube, and seemed to set reasonably quickly

The first coat has now been applied. That's quite enough of that shenanigans for today; I am now waiting for the aroma of paint to subside a little before making my tea.

Comment

It feels odd and a little unsettling to have spent Sunday doing something useful. Completely out of character for me

I think I'd better have a beer to help me get over the profound sense of existential doubt it's induced in me

Comment

It feels odd and a little unsettling to have spent Sunday doing something useful. Completely out of character for me

I think I'd better have a beer to help me get over the profound sense of existential doubt it's induced in me
                    Theres a song about that....

"Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Now you know why my DIY takes so long. It's hard work prepping.
                      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                      X