• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning denizens

Dark out there still, but apparently it's cloudy, with a strong likelihood of fog between here and ClientCo

It was rather foggy for much of the journey there yesterday too. We need some of that mellow fruitfulness

And I see this is the last day until spring, and therefore on this gig (probably), when the sun will rise before the time I set out - by a minute

Comment

Waiting for a train to Liverpool. It appears to be on time. The station cat (Felix) is doing his rounds with an air of indifference matched only by the ticket witch behind her window.

Comment

In the paper yesterday there was all story about northern rail staff getting new uniforms. I hope they haven't spent the budget for replacing those hideous class 142 bus things on tailoring.

The ungrateful bastards are striking 2 days next week as well.

Comment

The staff are striking, not the class 142's. The class 142's hail from a time prior to organised labour. They have a feudal feel to them.

Comment

No idea what the weather was earlier - too foggy to tell.

However it is now raining.

Comment

As I am on a trading floor, lots of TVs. BBC news right in front of me. Usually it is tedious - war, famine, other boring stuff.

However they just had some sort of exercise thing in Central London. Mostly top totty.

Not as good as the Sky Sports Sydney Harbour Aerobics. But its a start....

Comment

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
                Waiting for a train to Liverpool. It appears to be on time. The station cat (Felix) is doing his rounds with an air of indifference matched only by the ticket witch behind her window.
                Huddersfield....

Comment

Morning all S’murky out.
                  …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Getting murkier the further west I travel.

Train is rammed. Some issue on the other route apparently. The lady with the refreshment trolley is fending off the attempted interlopers into first class. One of them suggested it was discrimination. He's so right, it's the whole point of having a class system. And it's only an extra £7 including a cup of tea and a carluccio's pain au chocolate

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
                      This evening's epic was "Striking Distance", Bruce Willis, Sarah Jessica Parker (whoever she is) 1993.

Striking Distance (1993) - IMDb

'Twas quite enjoyable, it even had Leon from "Blade Runner" in it.

I've seen it before on the tv.
                      Inneresting.

Yet another Willis movie that bombed, didn't make its money back, due, in part, according to the above, to Willis being Orson Willis apparently.

That said, it seemed ok to me, but what do I know.

Comment

Working...
                      X