• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
    Me and the cats had a very productive morning.
    FTAOD, I do know that that is a grammatical anathema, but I am going with common parlance.

Comment

Earphones. Anti-nowhere league "I hate people" does it for me.
      My hearing's already pretty bad, and I didn't have tinnitus until I used earphones regularly for a year or two, so I stay away from them now

New gig is working from home which is good now that ms#5 is back at uni and ms#2 has gone into the office. Me and the cats had a very productive morning.

Lots of work to do which is good. Priorities changing hourly, not so good. Working with old colleague/friend who I both respect and love (platonically) which is great. No agent = big plus (for both me and them). Contract till mid Feb (my trip down under) but I think this could work out longer term. Maybe.
      Sounds good!

Apart from the chopping and changing, but you get that one way or the other just about everywhere

Comment

FTAOD, I do know that that is a grammatical anathema, but I am going with common parlance.
        "Productive was the morning that was had by the cats and I"

Comment

This evening's epic was "Striking Distance", Bruce Willis, Sarah Jessica Parker (whoever she is) 1993.

Striking Distance (1993) - IMDb

'Twas quite enjoyable, it even had Leon from "Blade Runner" in it.

I've seen it before on the tv.

Followed by another ep of "Person of Interest" S1, the one where he gets shot, which would have been the end of it if they hadn't ordered more eps.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            My hearing's already pretty bad, and I didn't have tinnitus until I used earphones regularly for a year or two, so I stay away from them now
            Inneresting. I have permanent tinnitus, but only generally notice when it changes pitch/intensity. Switched itself off a few months ago and it was eerily silent for a few hours. I was quite relieved when the usual background high pitch hum returned.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
              "Productive was the morning that was had by the cats and I"
              Originally posted by W. S. Churchill
              This is the type of English up with which I shall not put

Comment

One of the best best man speeches I heard started

"What do you say about a tee-total IT geek with tinnitus".

(I don't get invited to many weddings)

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
                  "Copy editors are really cool people out with whom to hang." - A copy editor

Comment

Right then, get through tomorrow and I've just got to get through the day after tomorrow before I'm done for a fortnight

Goodnight all

Comment

exercis to do.
                      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                      X