• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    I can buy beer with my voucher...

Old Peculiar??
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by SandyDown View Post
      SAP ...HTH
      Oddly it seems cheaper on Amazon.

Another poster I poo pooed stated he used it to buy other alcohol and junk food. Looking at the goods on offer and comparing it to supermarket prices these items are the same price or cheaper.
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Ahh good to know the quote fix for the app hasn't yet happened.

Comment

TFBSZ. Big day tomorrow, culminating in an open air gig that people are paying good money to hear us headline it.
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
            This evening's first feature was "Charade".

Charade (1963) - IMDb

"Charade" one may note, gets an 8 on imdb
            Very Hitchcockian without him directing it, which is a neat trick if you can achieve it.

Quite a lot of the script was recycled into "The Truth about Charles" without so much of the ultraviolence, which hadn't yet been invented in 1963.

James Coburn, Walter Matthau, Cary Grant, Ms Hepburn, George Kennedy, they don't make 'em like that any more.

It was an unrestored transfer in 4:3, pretty poor quality, but better than nothing.

Ah. It transpires it's out of copyright.
            Last edited by zeitghost; 25 August 2017, 09:27.

Comment

Tonight's feature was Limitless, which is predicated on the same basic premise as Lucy whereby our protagonist is enabled to use the supposedly inaccessible 90% of their brain (which is utter neurobollocks, but anyway).

Unlike Lucy, this one avoids ridiculous garbage to do with telekinesis and what have you, instead going for more sensible consequences like being able to make a killing on the financial markets in short order, though regrettably various other consequences related to the illicit nature of the requisite drug led to a fair amount of violence ensuing. I thought it was pretty darn good; better than I expected it would be, in fact

And then, as I had most of a beer to finish off, I padded the evening out with an episode of Suits, which led me to the conclusion that I only watch it to remind myself of why I don't watch it very often

Goodnight all

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                  Tonight's feature was Limitless, which is predicated on the same basic premise as Lucy whereby our protagonist is enabled to use the supposedly inaccessible 90% of their brain (which is utter neurobollocks, but anyway).

Unlike Lucy, this one avoids ridiculous garbage to do with telekinesis and what have you, instead going for more sensible consequences like being able to make a killing on the financial markets in short order, though regrettably various other consequences related to the illicit nature of the requisite drug led to a fair amount of violence ensuing. I thought it was pretty darn good; better than I expected it would be, in fact

And then, as I had most of a beer to finish off, I padded the evening out with an episode of Suits, which led me to the conclusion that I only watch it to remind myself of why I don't watch it very often

Goodnight all
                  It was ok.

I much preferred "Lucy" ridiculous though some of it was.

"Limitless" would appear to have transferred to the small screen more recently.

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
                  This evening's first feature got things off to a great start.

It was "She who must not be named", with Morgan Freeman And Scarlet Johanson.

Lucy (2014) - IMDb

Talk about Deus ex machina.

With bells & whistles on.
                  The ZeitWashing is in the washing machine.

It should finish by 11:30, whereupon the 2nd load will start.

The endless joy of my life is quite overwhelming.

And I've got that big, feck off, hole to drill for the cooker hood this afternoon.

Since this bit of ZeityTowers is 1930s jerrybuilt, it's only got a single thickness of brick so should be much easier than the two leaves of diamond hard engineering brick that got drilled through in ZeityParetntsTowers.

And it's vaguely greyly wanly sunny out there this morning.
                  Last edited by zeitghost; 25 August 2017, 07:41.

Comment

Morning

Comment

sausage cob has been scoffed, coffee is now being taken

Comment

Working...
                      X